3- The Straw

I put my hand into the hat and felt something bendy and thin. It felt like plastic, but curious, and I wanted to see what it actually was. When I pulled it out, I was confused.

A straw?

"Who the heck put in a straw?" I asked, tossing it away.

"Let's think." Germany hissed sarcastically. "Who hear loves to drink alcoholics, gets drunk awfully easy, and can't cook?"

"What does not having the ability to cook have to do with a straw?" I asked.

He glared at me angrily and blankly. "Its England."

"What's me?!" England howled from the corner.

"Did you put the straw in?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" He hiccuped.

Everybody laughed.

"England, that means you have to go into the closet and kiss _______!" Italy announced. England turned blood red and glared at me.

"R-Really?" He stammered.

I nodded.

"Lets just hope your lips don't taste like scones and spotted Dick." I chuckled.

"Uh, spotted what?" Americaa asked.

"I would like to eat that~!" France chuckled.

"Its not what you're thinking of America. France, that's disgusting. You two are such perverts." England explained.

"Whatever, lets just get this done." I muttered, walking into the closet. England followed closely behind me. Prussia followed behind him, shutting the door behind us.

"Seven minutes~!" He cheered.

We stared around for a minute or two, trying not to make eye contact. The silence ate away at us.

"England..." I muttered. 

"What?"

"I'm scared." 

"Scared?"

"I hate the darkness. I feel like something bad is going to happen. I feel like somebody is going to hurt me." I explained.

"Why is that?" He asked.

"I don't know..." I muttered, twiddling my thumbs. "I just do... Never mind it was silly of me to tell you. Like you care." I mumbled, sliding down the wall and wrapping my legs up with my arms, trying to make myself feel better.

It didn't help.

Not at all.

England's emerald eyes stared at me in sympathy. He slid down the wall as well and wrapped his strong arm around my shoulder. Her kissed the top of my head and rocked me back and forth, every so slowly.

"It'll be alright." He whispered in my ear, letting me rest my head on his shoulder. 

He continued to comfort me with his hands rubbing on my shoulder and little words and sentences like 'You're okay" and "I'm here" and "I won't let anything hurt you."

"England?" I murmered.

"Yes, ______?" He answered.

"Kiss me." I ordered.

"What?" He asked.

"Do it!" I yelled. "Just do it..."

He nodded and turned me head towards him by my chin ever so gentlely. He closed his eyes and pressed his lips to mine. 

A moment went by with only the sound of our lips departing and reconnecting. I cupped his cheeks with my hands and kissed him back. 

He soon pulled away and cocked his head to the side.

"Why did you want me to do that?" He asked kindly.

"It would make me feel better. And it did." I whispered.

"How?"

"It made me feel as if someone was watching over me if anyone would hurt me." 

He smiled and kissed the top of my head again.

"As I said before, I won't let anything hurt you..." He whispered.

I nodded. "Thanks."

The door flung open and the light warmed the two of us up.

"Times up~!" Prussia yelped. He looked around for a moment, not noticing we were sitting on the floor behind a few coats.

"Back here." Englanf hissed, standing up and helping me up as well.

"Oh..." Prussia murmured as we all walked out to continue the game.