you're gathering your forces, she's busy hearing voices, again

(Possible trigger warning. Just to be safe.)

Umbrella sits asleep, next to Mikey's bed. Her hair is hanging in her face as her head is rolled onto her shoulder.

Mikey's eyes flutter open in the dark room and he sees her in an uncomfortable position. He reaches out and tugs on her sleeve. She jerks awake, looking around.

He points to the space next to him.

"Mikey, I-I couldn't-"

"Yes."

She smiles at the forcefullness in his voice. It's a glimpse of the past Kobra Kid, that gives her a sliver if hope. She climbs in the bed, kicking off her boots. Mikey's arms wrap around her and kisses the top of her head.

¬¬¬¬

Party lean over the toilet as Ghoul grips a trashcan. Jet looks dead tired in his chair. Umbrella helped them until she literally collapsed. She insisted on staying with Mikey, stating that his room was closer then her's so shed be able to come back if needed.

Jet runs his hands over his face, "You two are going to be the death of me."

"Not if we kill ourselves first." Party raspes, throwing up again.

Ghoul groans loudly, resting his chin on the edge of the trashcan, "That doesn't sound like such a bad option right now, Poison."

"No." Jet says, glaring hard at both of them, "Don't say that. I..I need you. Umbrella needs you. Mikey fucking needs you. So don't ever say that again. Please."

Jet is braking down in front of them, and they seem to realise that. Ghoul crawls over to his friend and hugs him. Party does the same, mumbling an apology.

¬¬¬¬

"Umbrella? Hey."

A soft voice rouses her from her sleep, she opens her eyes, everything slightly blurry.

"Cherri?"

"Hi."

He smiles widely at her.

"Oh my gosh, Cherri."

She wraps her arms around his neck and feels his arms snake around her waist. She begins to shake, biting her lip so she doesn't cry.

"I know, Sandstorm. I know."

Her lips tremble as her hands pull at him, trying to keep him as close to her as possible.

"I miss you so much."

"I know, you do. Dr. D sent me with a message."

"Dad..."

"He loves you, Ella. So much."

"I love you too, Dad."

¬¬¬¬

Mikey holds Umbrella tightly as she mumbles in her sleep.

He remembers what they did. Cherri's face right before Umbrella shot him. Dr. Death Defying's pleas to save his daughter. The look of complete and utter betrayal Party gave him when the truth came out.

All of it.

So he holds Umbrella tightly, using her to ward away the nightmares and the demons.

Triple update because I probably won't be updating anything for a couple days.

Love you guys!!