Chapter 8

I have no idea why Brand was so perfect but I wasn't going to complain. He'd done so much for me the last few days that I'd felt bad. He's obviously had some of this planned and I hoped he was doing it because he wanted to, not because he thought he had to. We caught a cab to this little diner and I'd ordered a chicken burger with the best curly fries I'd ever had. Brand ordered a steak and after I ate all my food and part of his, we were walking along the main strip with my hand locked in his. "So, what do you want to do today?" Brand ask me sweetly. I stopped walking and looked up at him. "Uh, well I thought we came here for a reason Brandon but if you're changing your mind we don't have to." I removed my hand from his and started walking through the crowd of people around us. "Kimber, wait!" I heard Brandon call from behind me but I wasn't going to stop. Damn my hormones for making me freak out. I stopped abruptly and he ran into the back of me, causing me to almost fall over. His strong arms caught me and I yelped at his tight movements. "Are you aright? Did I hurt you or the baby? Oh god Kim, I'm sorry I grabbed you to try and stop you from falling but did I hurt you?" I could see the worry in his eyes and I felt myself become consumed with emotions and cry. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his tightly around my waist. "I'm sorry Brand. My hormones are.." He kissed the side of my head and said, "I love you and you can freak out all you want. I'll always come chase you Baby. I was kidding about asking you want you wanted to do. I didn't know if you wanted to do something before we got married or." I cut him off by placing my lips on his and kissing him until I needed air. I was finally married to Brand. I finally had a family. I finally had someone who wouldn't leave me.

Kimber's kisses were the amazing and I didn't care that we were standing in the middle of the sidewalk, making out. I tightened my grip around her waist and pulled her body to mine. "Get a damn room," I heard someone day as they passed us and we stopped kissing but didn't pull apart. "You're just jealous asshole!" Kimber's outburst made me smile and I moved away from her to pull her along the sidewalk with me. "Do you care where we get married Baby?" I wanted her to choose. She didn't answer me right away and we walked around for a while but I wasn't going to push her into anything. "THERE! I WANNA GET MARRIED THERE!" Kimber pointed and yelled at this little white chappel about a block down from us and I smiled. "Uh Baby, I think that's the Chapel of Elvis. Are you sure you want to get married there?" She didn't respond but she pulled me along faster towards the chapel. I wasn't going to complain. I was finally marrying the woman of my dreams.

Brand wasn't moving fast enough for me. I'd seen the little chapel from a few blocks away and I just knew it was the place. There was this huge pink Cadillac out front and you could hear the cheesy music from where we were. "Brand, please hurry up and yes, I'm sure this is where I want to get married. It will always give us something to remember." I honestly didn't care where we got married, I just wanted to attach myself to him. "Yes Dear," Brand said and he started moving faster.

We walked inside and we were instantly greeted by an older woman who eye humped my soon-to be-husband. She was wearing about a pound of make-up and clothes that were two sizes too small. Her heels were like stripper heels, six inches tall but she was still much shorter than my frame. "Why hello and welcome. Are you two wanting to get married?" I looked at her and then back at Brand and rolled my eyes. Why the hell else would we be here? She didn't take her eyes off Brand and I wanted to snap my fingers in front of her and smack her face. I was suddenly loving my hormones. I spoke to end the silence, "Yes, actually we would. Can you do it now?" Her eyes still didn't reach mine. She took a step towards Brand and I got pissed. "Um, excuse me. He is mine, can you back off please?" I stepped between her and Brand, moving to stand incredibly close to him and I wrapped my arms around his waist, he snickered and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "I'm sorry for my fiance," Brand's tone was light and it only made me more mad. I wasn't threatened by this chick at all. She was probably old enough to be his mother and not his type at all. "Kimber isn't normally so short with people but she's pregnant and a little on edge." I felt his lips on my temple and I closed my eyes, melting into him. Damn him for calming me down, but bonus points for showing me affection in front of her. "Oh, I see. You wanna get married before she gets fat and has the baby." My eyes got huge and I moved towards her but Brand stopped me. "Calm down love," he whispered into my ear. I took a few deep breaths and closed my mouth because I had nothing nice to say.