Dragon Racers

~HI THIS IS MY NEW STORY ENJOY!~

Light shined through my window, warming up my rosy cheeks. I laid contentedly in my warm bed until, the sun had rose higher and its heating glare caused me to stir awake. My eyes opened slowly and I groaned softly as I realized I had to get ready for the day. I walked over to the bathroom and did my daily routine.

“Luna honey, you’re going to be late for school if you don’t hurry up!” I heard my shout from down stairs.

“Okay!” I yelled back. I quickly got out of the shower and dried off. I put on my school uniform, a red, plaid skirt that ended just above the knees, a plane white tee, and a grey sweater vest that had the schools crest just above my heart. I took a quick look in the mirror and put my messy brown hair in a side pony. I smiled and my purple eyes glowed a little.

“Today is going to a good day.” I told myself before running down the stairs I grabbed an apple and held it in my mouth while I put on my sneakers.

“Be careful while walking to school, the news is reporting that people are beginning to get taken.” My mom said worried.

“Mama don’t worry I’ll be safe I promise.” She nodded and I gave her a quick peck on the cheek before running off. Normally all I had to do was walk up the road for twenty minutes to get to school. But I wasn’t going to school just yet, half way between home and the school I ran across the street and through a small tunnel hidden between a few thorn bushes.

Once I was through, I smiled at how beautiful this place looked. It was a huge clearing surrounded by trees and a massive lake that I discovered connected to a river. The morning sun had made the dew on the grass look like amazing crystals and I couldn’t help but think it made this place even more spectacular. In my eyes, it was the perfect place for a dragon.

I walked a little before reaching an old grey barn. The door screeched as I opened it and light had flooded through the once dark building. Inside was one of the greatest creatures alive and she was all mine. I went over to pet her smooth blue-green scales. She was a gorgeous dragon with small spikes around the edges of her face and bigger more spread out spikes on the back of her square head. She had a white under belly and bits of white on her wings and tail. She was small for a dragon, but what she lacked in size, she gained in speed and agility. I found her here when she was just a hatchling. Her mother probably abandoned her because she was so small. I kissed her nose.

“Good Morning Rose.” Her bright red eyes opened and she lightly nuzzled her face into mine. I smiled “Do you want breakfast?” She jumped up excitedly. “Whoa girl take it easy, you don’t want this old barn crashing down on us.” The moment we walked outside, Rose extended her wings and flew high into the sky and dived back down into the lake. When she came out of the water she had already caught and eaten three massive fish. After shaking off the water she darted toward me. I started to run and before I knew it I was already off the ground.

“Rose I can’t play ruff today I’m in school clothes…Crap Rose I’m going to be late for school put me down!” She grunted and I rolled my eyes. “Please put me down!” My feet touched the ground and I kissed my dragon one more time before running back the way I came. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hoped you all liked my new story! I wanted something with Dragons and magic because I love fantasy stories. Comment and tell me what you think