Chapter 3

We walk over to the park in between the highschool, and the middleschool. We're alone aside from a couple of misfits. "So, what was he talking about, if I'm not being too rude." Darren asks "Back, back, before highschool, a wonderful time. Jareth and I were friends, and I had fallen for him. He was one of the in betweenies that stood up for us underdogs, but then highschool hit. He tried out for the football team, got on said team, was great, got a bitchy cheerleader girlfriend, became top of the food chain, and tortures me mainly." I answer, "Wow, what a bastard." he replies, "Yea." I whisper He hugs me, and syas "MCRmy power." I look at him, smile, and reply "Misfit power." He answers "Underdog power!!"I laugh, some how, he always seems to make me feel better.

*Time Lapse* 2 hours

I get home, and say hi to my mother, then my little brothers run downstairs. "Where were ya sis?" they both ask. "With a friend." I reply

My little brothers, are twins; and very smart, but in different ways. My brothers names are Zach and Micky. Micky can sense hurt, and happiness, and pretty much anything else; he's an empath. Zach is a book geek, and understands where to do this and get that, but people themselves baffle him.

Micky touches my arm, and says "He's a good friend, but new." I pull away, and say "Mickyyyyy, no reading emotions.", "It's what I do sis." Micky replies, "Yea, but it's not fair." I reply "You sound like child." Zach says to me,"You sound like an old man." I reply. Both of my brothers laugh, then leave. I love them, but they stress me out sometimes, especially when Micky uses his "powers". I try to hide everything Jareth has done with music and such, so they don't know. It's for their safety, and his.