3

We finally arrived. The only thing I saw was the flash of camera's. I grabbed Prim's hand and exited the car. "I don't think we can be in the Games if we can't see." Said Peeta as he opened the car door. I saw him wave to the audience that was ahead of us. I stepped out of the car next, followedby Prim. There were news reporters and paparazzi sent from the Capitol, and I knew that because of their clothing that could quite possibly make my eyes bleed.

"Smile and wave." I whispered to Prim who was in shock from the amount of people with camera's. "Excuse me..." Effie said trying to get through the massive crowd. "Move!" I heard Haymitch yell. Two men, opened the enormous doors to the party. Music boomed over the speakers which echoed in the large room full of people. People from the Capitol wore colorful outfits. As soon as they saw us, surrounded us. "Peeta! Katniss! Primrose!" Portia greeted. Peeta and I gave we a hug, while Prim shook her hands.

"Portia... is Cinna here?" I asked praying she would say yes. "He would never miss this party for the world." She said pointing over to a chocolate fountain. "He's behind the fountain." She said. "Can you stay with Prim for a little while? I need to talk to Cinna alone." I asked. Prim shook her head discreetly. Portia gave me a thumbs up.

I walked over to where Cinna was supposed to be. "There's the girl on fire!" He said loudly. "Cinna!" I said holding out my arms. "Careful." He said as he slowly leaned in. I barely patted his back and he flinched.  "Sorry." I said. "It's fine... just your luck you get called again." Slowly my smiled faded. I started to remember why I was here. "Prim and Peeta and I... in the arena." I thought.

Before Cinna could say anything, a group of men were blowling fanfare's as President Heavensbee walked out. He waved to the crowd. I turned around. Peeta Prim were walking towards me...  Peeta wearing a scowl. Prim looked nervous. I caressed her hair trying to comfort her. "Calm down." I said quietly in her ear. Truth was, I was definitely more nervous than her. It was up to me to protect her... Peeta and I.

"Peeta..." I whispered. "Don't worry." He said squeezing my hand.

"Hello people of the Capitol... President Snow's original plan was to execute the Victors from the 74th Hunger Games, but I thought it would be more fun to watch all the Victors from the last 5 years and two tributes from each district play the games!" I looked over at Prim who had tears running down her face. "It's okay Prim we have a chance on staying alive." I said trying to comfort her.

"So, I've decided to change the rules all together for this year... The most recent Victors, a tribute, and their families from each district shall compete in the games." He announced.

All the Capitol people cheered and rejoiced. It made me sick. I held Prim close, her head in my chest as I stroked her hair. "I'm gonna go," I told Peeta, "I'm going to bring Prim to the train and I'll come back." "I'll come with you." He said politely. "No! Stay, we need sponsors." I reminded him. He nodded in agreement and walked over to Portia and her friends which happened to be sponsors.

I grabbed her wrist and walked out the door. "I'm taking you to the train, you don't need to hear what he has to say. Forget everything you heard, he just says that to make people interested in watching the Games." I said. She shook her head and put her head in her hands. The car we rode her was waiting outside. I got in the car. "To the train, please." I said. "What about the others?" The chauffeur asked quietly. "I need to keep my sister away from President Heavensbee... He's messing with our heads." I said. he nodded as. he started. the car. "Don't." I said calmly as Prim started to cry.

"What's wrong now?" I asked as I stroked her hair. "I don't want to die Katniss!" She said, tears dripping off her chin. "Remember when Peeta told me to leave him when he was in excruciating pain? Well I didn't. And I would never leave you." I told her. I looked out of the window. The moon seemed to follow us... It was enormous and almost golden. Capitol people seemed to be passing us by the dozens, all heading to the tribute party. I remembered the cheering once President Heavensbee announced the new rule change. I felt sick to my stomach. I remembered the dream I had of Rue, Prim, and Peeta. "I'm not going to let that happen." I thought. 

We got to the train and Haymitch greeted us. "Why aren't you at the party?" He asked. "I was about to ask you the same question." I responded. "I drank... And threw up..." He said with a hint of laughter. "Well President Heavensbee announced the new rule change, and everyone cheered Haymitch... They cheered." I said with a disgusted tone in my voice. "I know sweetheart... Is there anything I can do. in the meantime?" He asked. I shook my head but I heard Prims voice from behind me. "Survival tips." She demanded. 

"Well everybodys waiting for you break down... Don't give them that satisfaction. Stay up in tree a lot of time, no fires at night, none in the day either unless you know you're miles from the nearest tribute. You have to stay on gaurd. Keep your aim locked. Keep your feet ready, your heartbeat steady keep your eyes open."