2

Prologue

"3...2...1..."  A siren went off. I grabbed her arm and ran. I found two bags on the ground. I made sure she was in front of me. I noticed the people behind us killing each other. An image from the 74th hunger games came into my mind. Seeing a young 12 year old get his head bashed. I remembered Rue. I blinked away the tears. We reached the woods. "Katniss!" She whispered. "Shh... we are going to wait for Peeta... everything will be ok, you're safe." I said drawing an arrow. Peeta ran in our direction. We took a head start. "Let's go!" He yelled softly.

2

It was Peeta and I protecting Prim in the arena. Peacekeepers brought Prim and I into a room, while Peeta was alone in the room next to ours. I looked outside of the dusty window to see the children smiling, knowing their lives and their siblings were not in danger... unlike me. My mother came into the room. Prim ran to her and gave her a hug. "Prim, it's okay. You have two brave guardians." She said looking at me. "I'm scared." Prim said as tears started running down her cheeks. "Don't you think I was scared my first year of the Hunger Games? I was alone. I did'nt know Peeta and we hardly ever talked. Don't you think I was scared last year at the Quarter Quell? I had to try to protect Peeta because if anyone was supposed to die, it was supposed to be me." I said aggitated but trying to reassure her. She nodded.

"Mom, Gale is going to take care of you okay? This isn't District 12 anymore, and we are rich so you have to let him take care of you." I said giving her a hug. "Katniss, you need to survive. You need to have Prim survive. You three need to come home alive, okay?" She said starting to cry. "I am experienced you know." I said giggling a little bit.

"Time's up." Said a peacekeeper as he pulled my mother away. "Survive!" I heard her say as the doors closed. Prim ran to me and gave me a hug. I could feel her shaking. "Stop it Prim! You need to stay strong. Camera's will be following us all the time... the last thing you need to do is show weakness in front of your fellow tributes, becuase they will come for you first." I said. Gale walked into the room. 

"Thank God you came, I thought you were not gonna show." I said walking towards him. "I would'nt let you two leave without saying goodbye." He said looking at Prim. "This isn't goodbye, it's a see you later." I said winking at Gale. "Right." He said. I let go of him and let Prim say goodbye. "Time's up." said the peacekeeper as he grabbed Gale by the collar and dragged him out. "Good luck." He said. 

"Okay little mockingjay, let me tell you what's going to happen," I told her having her sit on a stool. "They're going to put you Peeta and I in a car with that lady that picks the names, you be nice to her okay?" I asked. She nodded. "Then they're going to put us on the train, I'm pretty sure there are no camera's there so don't worry. You will be intoduced to Haymitch who is going to give you life saving advice so pay attention to everything he says. When we get to the Capitol tomorrow morning, you wave to the crowd, get the audience to love you so you can get sponsers. Then we get dropped off at a building and we'll be put in the hand of our stylists. Your stylists are the key to giving an impression to sponsers. We will have the tribute parade. Then we will get interviewed by Ceasar the next day. During those days we will be trained, a last interview with Ceasar, and dropped off in the arena." I said quickly. "Okay." She said.

The peacekeepers came in and took us to the car with Effie. "It's good to see you two again." She said giving us hugs. "And this is?" She asked pointing to Prim. "I'm Primrose, but you can call me Prim." She said with a smile. "I'm Effie I will be your guide, and will make sure everything goes as planned with our schedule," She said. Prim nodded. "Like I told these two, while you're here, and even though it's only for a short time, you get to enjoy all the things the Capitol has to offer... but President Heavensbee has changed some things." She said. Peeta and I looked at each other.