Chapter 1

The rain was pouring down and lightening lit the night up like day. The resulting thunder was so loud that it made my ears ring for a while. I was walking home as fast as I could, but I was already soaked to the skin. I had just got off of work at Sonic. I was glad that Sonic hired at sixteen.Things had been hard after my twin sister had died of cancer. My mother couldn't handle losing her favorite child and left us. My father had no job and couldn't be bothered to find one. So I had to pay the bills while he got himself drunk off his ass.

At times the sadness of losing my twin was overwhelming. Sometimes I felt as if I didn't want to continue living without my other half, Clair. She was my best friend, my only friend. I told her everything and she told me everything. When she was diagnosed with stomach cancer, I was the one who pushed her to accept the treatments, even though there wasn't much of a chance that she would live. After she died, I wished I could take her place, I would have if I could.

Just thinking about her was bringing tears to my eyes again. But I pushed them back and continued walking. I was shivering from the cold. I decided to take a shortcut down an ally to get home. Normally I wouldn't try that, but I was REALLY cold.

As I entered the ally, I heard a chilling laugh behind me. I whirled around fast and tried to get out of the ally. I didn't get far. Someone grabbed me and pulled me, kicking and screaming, to the back of the ally. I smelled the stench of alcohol and pot.

I was pushed up against the wall and the man started to pull my shirt up. I screamed loudly and kicked him in his balls. He released me with a moan and I ran. He chased after me and tackeled me. I fell to the ground and he again stuck his hands up my shirt. I screamed and cried for help, and he slapped me hard. But suddenly, his weight vanished. I didn't look to see were he had gone. I leaped to my feet and ran as fast as I could.

I ran for several blocks until I couldn't run anymore. Panting, I stopped running and tried to catch my breath. Tears were falling down my face as my heart raced. Then it really hit me: I had just been almost raped.

Suddenly, a hand came down on my shoulder. I jerked away and let loose a piercing scream. Before I could start running again, the guy grabbed me turned me around. I stopped screaming when I realized it wasn't the guy who tried to rape me.

It was Ashley Purdy of Black Veil Brides. He said something, but I was too dazed to hear him. Slowly, I sank to the ground. He knelt down and said, "Hey! Are you alright? Did that guy hurt you?"

With shock, I realized that Ashley must have been the guy who saved me.