A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

Elsa had not gotten much sleep that night. She woke with a start from a terrible nightmare and cried for some hours. Elsa kept her sobs quiet so she wouldn't have to wake her parents or Anna. After some time laying in bed in complete silence, watching the snow fall in the early morning, Elsa decided to draw a little. She wasn't an artist or anything, but it helps her relax.

Sometimes, she'll draw herself using her powers for good, and not evil. Elsa thought of Jack and how he promised to help her. But than Elsa thought of her dream, everything was dark and cold. All she could hear was Anna's crying voice and sobs. Elsa had tried to run to her sister, but she felt like she was just running in place. And the screams got louder and louder until she finally woke up.

Elsa flinched from the memory. She felt tears come to her eyes at the memory just a few weeks ago. Anna had woken her up to play with Elsa's magic, and everything went terribly wrong when Elsa tried to save her sister from falling but instead frozen part of her head. Luckily a troll could help her, but Anna had to forget that Elsa ever had powers. Elsa's parents had closed the gates, have fewer staff members, and worst of all, Elsa had to become isolated from Anna. "For her protection." her father had said. Elsa was just glad her didn't shut her out.

'Even though the night was ruined doesn't mean there wasn't any good times.' Elsa thought to herself with a small smile. She remembered how they made a snowman named Olaf who like warm hugs. Elsa had used her powers to create ice so Anna could ice skate with Olaf. She laughed at herself from the memory. Getting out of bed, Elsa snuck very quietly to her desk that was just across the room from her bed. Elsa had private studies so her parents got her a desk as soon as she moved rooms. Elsa cleared the desk off except for a notebook and a box of crayons. Elsa took one of the crayons and started drawing pictures from that night from memory. After awhile, Elsa became really tired and fell asleep at her desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Elsa fluttered her eyes open when she felt a chill wash over her. She looked up and at the edge of the window sill was Jack, with the window wide open. Elsa suddenly sat up and adjusted her nighty. She ran over to the window and pulled him inside. Every quick but quiet Elsa shut the window. She turned and met Jack's eyes. They still looked like glassy water.

Elsa crossed her arms over her chest and huffed. "You can't just leave the window open. My parents will feel the cold and think I'm using my magic."

Jack let out a laugh as he jumped and crouched on top of his staff as if he weighed nothing. "But we will be using magic, sunshine." Jack could tell from the bags under her eyes that she hadn't gotten much sleep. He turned and looked at her desk where he had found her sleeping. Jack jumped off his staff and walked over to it. Elsa followed quickly behind. "I thought I told you to get a good night rest." Jack said as he glanced at Elsa.

"I did go to sleep, but I had a nightmare. I woke up and thought drawing would help. It usually does."

"Well it doesn't look like it did very much..."

"What do you mean?" Elsa looked from Jack to her pictures and gasped. There was a picture of Olaf she drew, and a picture of Anna and her ice skating. But there was a third picture, in her notebook. It had her, or at least a older her, on top of the Arendelle castle, with ice shooting from her hands and the castle was completely covered in what looked like ice. Elsa took a couple steps back and very carefully fell to the ground. Jack knelt beside her and placed a hand in her lower back. In her night gown, Elsa could feel his cold tips on his fingers, but his palm was warm and comforting. Elsa stared at her hands from a couple of seconds before closing her mouth and eyes. She tried to take a couple breaths, but all she could see in her mind was ice shooting from her hands. 'Can I do that? Could I actually do that?'

"Elsa, what did you dream about last night?"

After a couple of moments Elsa opened her eyes. "I was in a very dark place. I couldn't see anything, not even myself. I heard...Anna crying...and screaming. I tried to run but...I felt like I was going nowhere. The screams got louder and louder until I finally collapsed to the ground. Then I woke up." Elsa looked up at Jack who was staring down at her. She saw pain in his eyes.

Elsa opened her mouth to say something, when suddenly her bedroom door opened and in came her mother. Elsa turned in surprise. Her mother stopped short and looked at Elsa and then behind her. Elsa quickly looked at Jack who looked tense all around, staring at the queen.

The queen put her hands on her hips. "Elsa, I closed those curtains for a reason. You can't make anymore commotion like you did yesterday." She walked over and closed the curtains and turned back to Elsa. "And who on earth are you talking too?"

Elsa looked to Jack then back at her mom. "A friend." She said.

Her mother's became wide and opened her mouth. "Oh." Was all she said. She walked slowly over to her daughter. "Does this "friend" have a name?" The queen knelt down next to Elsa and notice Elsa eyeing something beside her. The queen looked as well but didn't see anything.

"His name is Jack."

"Well I'm sure Jack won't mind if you got some more sleep, you look exhausted." The queen carefully pulled Elsa into her arms and off the floor. She walked over to Elsa's bed and slide her underneath the covers. The queen lightly pressed her lips against Elsa's forehead. Elsa could feel the warmth for a second. Elsa's mother gave a general smile down to Elsa but Elsa didn't notice. She watched Jack as he flew to her left side. The queen turned around and quickly left the room. Elsa rolled over on her side and saw Jack laying on the opposite side looking at her. Elsa looked into his eyes but all she saw was...regret? What does he have to regret?

"I'll stay right here until you wake up from a good rest. Then, and only then will we start out training." Jack gave Elsa a small smile and Elsa returned it. She felt her eyes grow heavy and soon closed them. In the darkness all Elsa could see was Jack's glassy eyes and imagined the secrets he held in them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone I'm sorry this chapter is shorter, but I thought I should give you something. Thank you so much for over 200 reads! (I know that's not that much but that's a lot to me) I hope to update another chapter soon! IM GOING TO BE 16 IN 11 DAYS OH MY GOSH!!! And can we all just talk about the Oscars...I TOTALLY CRIED! YAY FROZEN! Okay I have to get to bed now so goodnight lovelies!

~ Natastic ❤