19. Didn't see that coming!

Miami institute

My dad. The guy that single handedly raised me. The guy that single handedly trained me, who loved me unconditionally and I him. The man who now lays half dead on a hospital bed. "What did you do?" I asked. "That's where you're wrong. I didn't do this to him, we found him like this outside our door. He has been poisoned by a demon, a very powerful one I must say,"he says. I turn  and face him, pulling out a dagger and holding it against his throat. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't just slice right through your neck right now," I say through gritted teeth. "Because Hunter, I'm the one keeping your father alive," he says. I realise that he's telling the truth and pull the dagger away from his throat and sheathe it. "I hooked him up to an I.V that will slow down the spread of the poison, but it's already spread too far, which........which means that he's dying, and there's nothing we can do." As the words leave his mouth, mine suddenly becomes dry and tears start stinging my eyes. "No! There must be something we can do," I say. "We've mixed every set of antidote we could to stop the spreading, but it's only slowing it down. Soon he will die Hunter. I've tried everything but.....but I can't save the man that believed I was still worth saving after everyone believed I wasn't. Listen, I owe your father my life and I would trade places with  him if it was possible, but the circumstances does not allow it," Clark says. I can't help but feel all the anger towards him disappear. Someone willing to trade places with my father at this moment may not be trusted, but earns the benefit of a doubt.

I walk over to my dad and place my hand on his chest. "Hey dad. It's me, Hunter," I speak to him, hoping he can hear me. "I'm here, I'm not going to leave your side. I'm going to be right by your side when yo.......you.......when  you..." I couldn't even finish my sentence when the sobbing started. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to find Dane there. I just wish I could do something to save my dad, I wish I could just hea.... wait! Of course! I have all these untapped powers and maybe healing could be one of them. Well, it's worth a try. I put both my hands on my dad's chest and close my eyes and focus. I dig deep within myself and search for the power that lying dormant. I imagine it becoming active, surging through my body into my hands. Suddenly I feel a foreign energy coursing through my body, it's making me feel powerful. I focus on that energy and direct it towards my hands. I think of the poison dispersing from my father's body, I picture him regaining his energy, his colour returning back to his body. Him being healthy again. I hear gasps and I open my eyes. I see the black veins disappear and colour return back to his skin, the power still flowing through me. My father suddenly Springs up, taking in a huge gasp of air. "Dad!" I exclaimed  and envelope him in a hug. "Hunter?" He asks questioningly, hugging me back. "Oh my god you're okay," he says kissing my temple. "Dad, I, so glad you're okay." "Im here now. I'm not going anywhere," he says reassuringly. I pull away from him and look at everyone who's still staring at me. "Ho....how?" Is all Clark could ask me. "Well, when Michael said I have all this untapped power, I thought maybe healing would be one of them, and well, this is the outcome," I said. "Can you see now why i say you could be a threat to Society?" Clark asks. "Seeing as I just unlocked the dormant power within me, I'd say with enough training, I could change people's perception about "my kind"," I say.

"And that's why I like you. You never let anyone break your spirit," Clark says. "Clark, thank you so much for helping me," my dad says as he walks over to Clark and embraces him. "You were the only one that never gave up on me, I'd do anything for you," he replies. "Dad, did you get a look at the demon that poisoned you?" I asked. "The Demon was dressed in a black cloak, I couldn't see it. But I'd be able to identify it when I see it," he says. Suddenly a load bang comes from the top which catches our attention. We all take out our weapons. I hand the daggers to my dad and pull out my sword and we head upstairs. "What's happening Caryn?" Clark asks the woman that we met earlier. "Demons, they're attacking the outer perimeter," she said and we ran for the door, weapons ready, and charged outside. We were met by Brax demons and the ones that I battled the first time I found out about my heritage. Alongside the demons was the one with the black cloak. I looked over at dad and saw him looking at the demon. "It's mine," he says as he rushes towards the demon and starts fighting it. "Dad!" I exclaimed. I tried running after him but demons blocked my path. Looks like I'm going to have to fight my way to my dad. I ducked under a few punches and sliced through as much demons as I could at a time. That was until I came face to face with a brax demon. It's lashed it's claws out at my midsection but I jumped to the side atnd brought the dagger down, driving it through the demons arm. It roared in pain but quickly removed it's arm from the sword and wooshed its hand back, catching me in the chest, sending me flying through the air and landing with a hard thud. All the air rushed out of my lungs, leaving me gasping for air.

The Demon took no time standing around and rushed towards me. I closed my eyes and reached for the power inside of me, hoping to get something that I can use. I find the power and allow it travel through my body. I direct the power towards my hand and stretch it out towards the demon. A bright light shoots out of my hand and towards the demon. The demon screams and disintegrates. I stand up and stretch my hands out towards to the other demons, causing them to disintegrate like the Brax demon. Soon most of the demons were destroyed and some retreated back towards the gate. "Wow, that was awesome," Chris says. "What was That?"Dane asks. "That my dear friends, was heavens light," Clark said. "How's that even possible?" I ask. "Your angelic blood must be so powerful that your body can contain the energy needed to produce heavens light. You're more powerful than the other two arch-nephilim before you," Clark explained. Suddenly we heared a thud and turned around to see my father holding the cloaked demon on the ground. "Not so tough now, huh?" My dad said. "Now let's see who you really are," my dad said and removed the demons hood. When the hood came off, my eyes, my dad's and Clark's widened. The sight before us, too hard to believe. "No, this can't be," my dad said. I was still to shocked to do anything. The Demon took advantage of my dad's distractedness and reversed the roles, my dad under its hold. "No! Stop!" I yell. "Mom! Just stop" I yell again. As I say mom, the demon looks up at me with the same eye colour as  you mother.