11. Day off

The Institute.

We got back to the institute and headed straight for my room. "Thank you for an awesome first date," I tell him. "The pleasures all mine," he replies. I unlock my room door and go inside, switching on the light. "So there was something I wanted to know," I say. "I'm all ears," Dane retorts. "Since this was a date, does this mean we're dating? Like boyfriend and..uh.. boyfriend?" I ask. He chuckles at my attempt of our relationship status. "Would you like to be my boyfriend, Hunter?" He asks seriously as if it was something I had to really think about. But in the end it wasn't even worth thinking about. I knew how I felt about him and I knew my answer. "Of course I would. I would be out of my mind if I didn't," I said, which brought a smile to his face. I walked over to him and kissed him. We kissed for a few seconds and then he pulled away. "If this carries on, I might not stop," he says. "Then don't," I reply. I begin kissing him again before he breaks away and says,"I might want to go further." I look I to his eyes and reply,"let it." He gives a naughty smile and kisses me, closing the door with his foot and leads me to my bed. What an amazing night this turned out to be.

The next morning I wake up to the sun shining brightly in my eyes. Looks like I forgot to close the curtains last night. I think about last night, the date, the kisses and the..... yeah that. I looked next to me to see Dane still fast asleep. I lay back down and cuddle against him, breathing in his earthy scent. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead. "Morning," he greets with his bedroom voice. "Morning,"I greet back with my own. We stay like that for a few more minutes then we break apart and get up. "I'm gonna take a shower," Dane says and I nod. "I said I'm gonna take a shower," I looked at him and then I caught on. I smiled and followed him.

When we were done in the shower, we got out and I looked at him. "How you gonna brush your teeth?" I asked. "If you look nicely there's two tooth brushes,"he says calmly. "What. How-how?" "I got it last night, with a change of clothing for today," he replied. "Are you moving in?" "Would that be a problem?" He counters. "Not at all. It would be really awesome," I reply. He grins and brushes his teeth. When we done, we leave the room and head to the planning room.  when we reach the tech room, I am pulled aside by Freya, who has a huge smile on her face. "Sooooo?  Tell me about the date," she asks eagerly. "It's amazing. I had a really awesome time, I even got to know him better," I told her. "Anything else happen," she asks with a naughty smile on her face. "I don't kiss and tell," retort and walk away. "Omg! You guys did it!" She exclaims. "Why not let the whole institute find out, would you!" I quietly shout back. "Sorry. Oh my god how was It?" "Wouldn't you like to Know?" I retort. "Come on don't leave me I  the loop," she begged.  "Yeah, we did it. A few rounds actually," I said and her eyes widened. "You little freaks," she says and gives me a huge hug, more like a death grip. We make our way to the mission room, where we find everyone smiling. "Why the happy faces?" I ask. "Well since you got your dad back and your little dominance display sent a cold shiver down the entire Las Vegas bunker, which pretty awesome by the way, and sent Marius and them in a little hiding, we decided to give yous the day off," Theo says. "Great, we could go to the watering hole, there's a party there," Chris says. "I've always wanted to go party," Gabby exclaims. "Then it's settled, yous will go to a party. Behave please and be safe." Theo demands. We nod our heads and make our way to our rooms and get a change of clothing. Once we were done changing we all met at the door. "Okay so I get we're going to a party but we need to be with a weapon at all times," Tyler says. We all nod and he reaches Into a backpack and takes out a chest, very slim, not the thick kidnaps opens it. "Gabby, these are your bracelets. Hit them together and they produce your sai's. Chris you've got your weaver around your kneck, no one but you can touch it, so that's fine. But here's you bracelet. Push the buttons in on the side and the blades will retract. Dane and Hunter, I was told to give these to you by our textpert. Push the buttons in on the side and your original weapons will materialise," Dane handed us our arm bands and put the chest back in the back pack and we headed out. "Hey, how did my car get here?" I asked. "I brought it," my dad's voice rings from from the half closed door. He walks through and hands me the keys. "Thanks dad," I say and kiss him on the head. "I'm driving,"Chris exclaims. "Yeah and then afterward we can all reminisce on what a bad idea it was when we're all in heaven,"I reply and open the boot of the car and put mine and Dane's back packs. We get into the car and drive off, the others following us with Dane's car.

"Thanks for last night," I tell Dane. "Which part?" He asks sarcastically. "Everything. Everything was amazing, especially after the date," I say, blushing and smiling silly. "Was it really your first time?" Dane asks. "Yeah it was, how about you?" "Yeah, it's just I've never felt anything like it before. I guess such things are different for nephilim,"he says. "Yeah, I guess. But I felt something else, like a cord connecting itself to me," I explain. "I thought I was the only one," Dane replies. "It's gotta be something good though, I mean what else huh?" "Yeah, of course," he says and reaches across and kisses me on the cheek. The others hoot at us from the back and we just chuckle.

Watering hole.

When we arrive at watering hole, it was already filled with teens. We parked and got our blankets and towels and headed to find a spot. "Chris! Chris!" Someone shouted. It turned out to be Kerry, the girl Chris made out with at Jasmines party. "Hey Kerry, what's Up? " Chris asks. "Nothing, just didn't think I'd see you here. Wanna come hang out with us for the Day? " She asks. "Nah, Im gonna hang with my friends for the day, it's been a long time," he replies. "Chris, you can go, you don't have to be with us," Gabby reassures him. "Nope. I wanna be with you guys for the day, besides, I wanna get to know you better," he says. "Okay, maybe next time," she says. He nods and we continue walking. "Hey Hunter, can I ask you something?" Kerry pulls me aside and asks. "Yeah." "Is Chris and that girl, like, a Thing" she asks. "Who Gabby? I don't think so. I mean they have been training together but I'm not sure," I say. "Training?" My eyes widen at my mistake, but I calm down and say, "Yeah, like gym. You should ask him," I say and walk away. What a turn of events. I never knew anyone could feel jealous about Chris.  I mean he is good looking, but he hasn't been able to keep a girl for more than a few days. Well, let's see how this turns out.