7. Can this day end

The Institute

I woke up to the sun seaping through the curtains of the room. I sat up in bed and saw a fresh pair of clothing on the car infront of my bed. I got out of bed and headed towards the bathroom. I opened the water in the shower and got undressed. I stepped in and let the water fall over every inch of my body. The memories of yesterday's events playing through my head, from finding my dad missing to the kiss I had shared with Dane. The questions still lingering through my head. I shaped myself up and washed myself and stepped out of the shower. On the basin layer a toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth and headed back into the room. I searched the draws and found body lotion and applied it very lightly to every part of my body. I got dressed and headed downstairs towards the wonderful smell of breakfast either being served or prepared. I followed the smell into a large cafeteria like place. I walked in and grabbed a tray, standing in line to get food. I filled my plate with eggs, bacon, two sausages and two slices of toast. When I was done I searched the crowed for now empty table, when my eyes landed on Dane's. I kept my eyes on him for a moment and then shifted to the figures sitting around him. It was Tyler, Gabby, Freya and Chris. I walk over to them when I feel my foot lodge into something and my tray and I go falling down.

"Watch where you're walking dweeb," the boy that tripped me says. I turn around and look straight into his face and glare at him. I suddenly feel powerful emanating through my body and into my stare. The boy suddenly recoils and bows his head. I feel anger pulsing through me and clench my fist. I hear gasps and realised that my hand is tangled in his t-shirt and my fist in the air, ready to drop. Suddenly a hand wraps around my waist, spreading warmth through my body, relaxing me. I turn around and meet Dane's gaze. I steadily drop my hands and allow him to take me to get more food and export me to the table. "Wow. You made that boy go from bully to pu- nevermore," Chris cut himself off. "I don't know what happened, but it felt, it felt like everything seemed inferior to me, from people to unanimated objects, like I controlled them," I explained. "Yep. That's the way every royal feels. I'm surprised you didn't hesitate. Most royals would have annihilated that dweeb," Tyler explained. "Yeah, well, I scared myself there a little. Thanks for stopping me," I say to Dane, giving him a warm smile. "Anytime," he answeres as he gets up and kisses me on the cheek. "Let's go everybody, time for training," he says. Everyone looks as though they've been hit with a load of two ton bricks. "What?" I ask. I turn around and notice everyone else looking at me. "Why didn't you tell me that you and Dane got together," Freya screeches. "We just had one kiss, it's not like we're in anything serious," I replied. "Yeah well, Dane doesn't just get up and kiss anyone on the cheek,  the day after he shares a kiss with them. He usually ignore them until they fall away. But you're different. You've...... changed him," Tyler said. "Well either way, I'm happy for the pair of you," Gabby said. With that, I smiled and nodded at everyone and walked out of the room, feeling everyone's stares on me. I turn and give a sly grin and walk out the door.

"What took you so long," Dane said as I walked through the door way. "I had to summarise our situation for our friends who you left dumbfounded," I replied. We started walking, then he continued, "About last night, the kiss, I meant it. I do like you, I am willing to try this if you are," he explains. I look at those eyes and remember how he makes me feel. How whole i feel. How complete.  "I'm willing to try," I reply grinning like a stupid little love sick puppy. We continued walking until we stopped infront of a training room. We entered it and I looked amazed at how much space was left. "Okay Mr royal. Show me what you've got," Dane says as he stands of the mat, getting into his stance. "You want me to fight you?" I ask Dane. "Don't worry, you won't hurt me," he said. "It's not you I  worried about" I said to him. He let out a soft chuckle, still in his stance. After a few minutes I surrendered and got into a fighting stance. We circled each other for a few seconds before I darted forward. I launched out my fist, which he easily dodges, which I knew was going to be his first move . As he dodged, I swung around and my back hand connected with his cheek, causing him to tumble back a little. "You got skill, now don't hold back," says Dane. He gets back into his stance and we circle each other again. I go in for the attack and scissor kick him. He blocks and does a back flip, his foot catching me in my chin. I fall back onto the ground, tasting the iron of the blood in my mouth. I shook off the pain and did a kick up, running towards him. He eyes me carefully, trying to remain calm to catch me off gaurd again. What he didn't see was me launching myself in the air, in a front flip way. When I was on top of his head, I wrapped my hands around his neck and landed at the back of him. My grip on his neck still in place. "Wow. You really are good. But still predictable ."he says as he lifts his leg up and brings it down into mine, causing me to bend down on one knee. Before he can do anything else, I use my grip on his neck and jumped up and kick forward, bringing him over my shoulder, causing him to land with a hard thud and rolled a few feet away from me. Breathless he looks at me and says, "I see your speed and strength kicked in." "Yeah. I guess," I answer nonchalantly. He gets and resumes his stance, circling around me. He finally stops and starts towards me.

I dodged his kick and back flipped into tiger stance. He launched a fist, but I caught it and twisted it. Before he could counter, I let go of his hand and round house kicked him, but he anticipated and caught my leg. He swiped his other foot under me and I fell to the ground. Before he could do his wining move, I twisted myself, me leg still in his hand, and pushed up, kicking my foot out, catching him in the chest, causing him to stumble. I threw out my fist and Dane brought his arm up to block but I bent down and twisted bringing up my elbow, connecting with his nose and hearing a Crack. I hear gasps and looked, around to see that we had an audience. "I guess we're done here," Dane says and grabs my hand, walking us out of the room. We walked until we enter the tech room. I see the blood still slowly running down his nose. I pulled a handkerchief from my back pocket, turned him around and started cleaning him. "That move was really impressive, couldn't have anticipated it. I'm impressed," he says. A smile plays at the corner of my mouth, while I finish clean up his nose. I wipe up the last and put the handky back in the packet and throw it away. When I turn back from the dustbin, I look straight into his face and say, "maybe next time you shouldn't block with your face,"I say sarcastically. He grins and locks his index finger and thumb under my chin, lifting up my head and bringing his lips onto mine. The kiss is weet and calm, his hands cupping my cheek. He pulls away and I yearn for more, but fight the temptation. "I hope you don't start making that a habit," I say. He looks at me with those light blue eyes and says,"I think I will, maybe then you'll understand how serious I am about us." I look up at him and can't help but smile. I'm his. He walks over to a computer and starts typing. I walk up behind him and find people staring at me. Argh! Can this day just end.