Chapter 4

'thinking/texting'

"talking"

normal

Author's note/time change/setting change (When needed)

emphasis

-_-_-_-_-_-

It was the morning after Hinata had let the volleyball team watch him practice, and he was still questioning his own motives. Did he really want to start up competitive volleyball again? He was still upset from the death of his father and idol, but maybe being on the volleyball team would help with that?

He shook his head and continued to his locker, he shouldn't worry about that now, his first math test was coming up, and he needed to concentrate.

After getting his things and going to his seat in class, Hinata organized his desktop area and sat up straight- he would not fail his first test in highschool.

~~~~~~~~~~45 minutes later~~~~~~~~~~

"Ok class, please turn in your tests- Your time is up."

Hinata walked to the front of the room and situated his testing paper ontop of a few others near the teacher's desk. The test had been relatively easy, only some simple algebra equations. The purpose of their first 'big' test was probably to assess what their knowledge was prior to entering Karasuno, and to see if they had been paying attention during classes.

His thoughts started to wander... maybe that's what the volleyball team was doing yesterday as he practiced..? They still hadn't seen his spike, though... unless you were to count that one he did when they saw him practicing for the first time. (Though that one was kind of sloppy by his standards, he had just started to tire from practicing for so long.)

By now, class was over, so Hinata went out into the hall and to his locker. When he approached his locker, he noticed Tanaka by it. 

"Hello Hinata!"

"hi." Hinata opened his locker and extracted his language arts materials, while simultaniously putting away his math ones. 

"So, still against joining the club?"  Hinata paused. He had been expecting this...

"I honestly don't know." With that, he walked to his next class, leaving an excited Tanaka in his wake. He didn't turn around, and thus- he also didn't see Tanaka energetically whip out his phone and start typing something extremeley fast.

~with Tanaka~

'Tanaka: GUUUYS!!!!!!!!

Daichi: yes, Tanaka?

Tanaka: I JUST GOT A MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sugawara: You actually got Shimizu to talk to you...?

Tanaka: NOOOO!! but that would be amazing... <3 :3

Daichi: Well, what is it then?

Tanaka: THAT FIRSTIE HINATA SAID MAYBE WHEN I ASKED HIM IF HE WAS JOINING THE CLUB!!!!!!

Daichi: and how many times did you use your 'creepy face' to get him to say that...?

Tanaka: I didn't have to--- but that's a great idea, thanks Daichi!

Daichi: What have I done...

Sugawara: Oh dear god help us all.

Sugawara: but it's great that Hinata is considering joining, we could really benefit from having him on the team.