TWENTY EIGHT

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT | ANCIENT GREEK

Naomi felt a burning curiosity inside of her as she looked at the odd compass in her hands. It was small yet very classy, with its precise golden engravings. She pushed on the little button again, frowning when it was still pointing towards the South.

She tried shaking it to see if it would point to the North but that didn't work. The compass kept pointing towards the South, making her sigh in frustration.

"What am I supposed to do with a broken compass?" She grumbled, sliding it into her front pocket. She sighed, throwing a hand through her brown locks.

She started walking again, keeping the strange interaction with the shadow in the back of her mind as she continued doing what she was supposed to do; getting Baelfire.

Naomi pushed some of the bigger leaves and branches out of the way, feeling the compass bounce inside her pocket with every step she took. This was definitely not helping her fight her curiosity.

She shook her head, trying to get rid of the thought. She was so tempted to turn around, grab the compass out of her pocket and follow it. But she'll do that later, first she has to get Baelfire back to the camp.

The sound of a sword getting sheathed was being heard through the forest while the brunette looked at the large vine, noticing that the cave was closed.

She sighed and grabbed the vine, pulling on it and resisting the urge to smirk when she heard a shocked, scared gasp from inside the cave.

Naomi crouched down to the ground and tied the vine around a thick branch before ducking so that she could walk inside the cave, immediately taking a step backwards when she saw a sharp branch being pointed at her from the corner of her eye.

"Don't-Don't come closer," She heard Baelfire stutter, she turned around with an unfazed expression on her face. "Get away from me!"

"I'm afraid I can't do that," She says tauntingly before grabbing the stick out of his hand and breaking it in half. "Now, let's put that away, shall we."

Baelfire took a step backwards now that he had nothing to defend himself with, "What do you want from me? Why are you here?"

"You are coming with me," She states, avoiding his questions and stepping forward.

"Answer me," Baelfire demands, trying to sound tough but failing. He paused a few seconds before adding, "P-Please?"

"Oh, you said please, well I have to answer your questions now." She responses sarcastically, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms over her chest. "You are in no position to make demands. Either you come with me willingly or I will force you, you'll come back with me to the camp anyway."