NINETEEN

CHAPTER NINETEEN | CONFIDENT

Peter carefully pushed her down on the bed before climbing on top of her, his lips still connected with hers. He was in complete bliss, not wanting the moment to end, neither did she. She smiled through the kiss and wrapped her arms around his neck.

She felt his smile against her lips as she tangled her fingers into his hair, she put more force into the kiss as she felt him grabbing her cheeks, making sure that he won't hurt her as he slowly started descending down to her neck.

"Wait," Naomi mumbled against his lips, she pulled back slightly and looked at him.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked softly as he looked at her with worried eyes. "I thought you wanted this, us."

She smiled softly and nodded as she said, "I do. But you need to know what you're getting yourself into. I-I'm not the easiest person to care about."

She purposely didn't say the word love, they just got together a few minutes ago. It takes a while before you truly love somebody. Liking somebody and loving them are two completely different things. It was far too early to call it love.

"Well, neither am I." He answered softly as he traced a small pattern on her left cheek with his thumb.

"I'm serious," Naomi answered as she shook her head and looked to her right, biting her lip in thought. She sighed and looked back at the boy that was still hovering above her.

"I'm not a easy person to care for, you will need to have a lot of patience because it is going to take a long time before I trust you, a very long time. I'm a bit rough around the edges, I know that about myself, and I won't be able to tell you everything about me in just a couple of days of us being together." She said, whispering the last part.

She knew how badly Peter wanted to know about her past, and about how she got here. Maybe he even wanted to know about her mother and she knew that it would take a very long time before she would trust him with that.

It would take a very long time before she could say that she loved him, simply because she was scared, maybe even terrified that he would leave her just like everybody else. She could not deal with being left again.

Naomi took a deep breath as she looked down, "And before I put all my faith in you, I need to know if you are completely sure about this." She mumbled under her breath.

Peter sighed and grabbed her chin so that she would look him in the eye again, becoming a little bit speechless as he looked at her eyes again. Never had he seen them up close like this, they were even more beautiful than he thought they were.

He shook his head and blinked a couple of times before saying, "The same goes for you. I'm not the easiest person to care about either. I know that I'm very controlling, and I know that I have a very short temper. And maybe, I like my games a little bit to much."