Take a chance and love it - chapter 23

READ ALL OF THIS CHAPTER IMPORTANT STUFF AT THE BOTTOM :) thank you.

Chapter 23

Take a chance and love it

Clarissa's p.o.v

"Wake up Clarissa." Cayson was talking to me but it really didn't register that she was saying anything. My eyes were closed but I was wide awake. Even though I haven't opened my eyes I knew from the arm placed lightly over my waist that there was someone was behind me. I was lying on my side and so was the person behind me. I was afraid to open my eyes. The person's breathing was even but that didn't mean they were sleeping. I just wanted to be safe.

"Clarissa open your eyes." Cayson tried again but I was still occupied with trying to remember what happened yesterday. The last thing I remember is training then I had fallen. Out of a tree I think. The small amount of pain in my left wrist leads me to believe that I had injured myself when I fell. I must be able to heal quickly because I was sure I had broken my wrist.

"CLARISSA STOP BEING A PAIN IN THE ASS AND OPEN YOUR DUMB EYES!" Cayson successfully distracted me from what I had been doing before.

"WHAT!" I yell back at her.

"You need to get out of this room." She told me.

"I don't think I should listen to you. Last time I did I ended up here." I was done listening to her; all she did was get me into trouble. She was like that popular kid that would tell you to do something that they knew you would regret. I didn't want to leave Oliver but she would have just took control herself so it wouldn't matter what I wanted in the first place. It's always do this and do that with her and I was sick of it.

"What do you mean you don't think you should listen to me? I make the decisions I think are right Clarissa." She didn't seem mad, just hurt. Her voice had cracked just a little bit but she had covered it up quickly.

"I'm just saying that you don't always make the right decision that's all."

"Fine Clarissa! Get yourself back to Oliver all by yourself, but when you figure out that you can't, I'll be here ready to rub it in your face." Fine I don't need you.

I felt the hand on my waist rub my small baby bump.

"I love you baby." The voice was familiar. Chance? I opened my eyes slowly and looked behind me. It was Chance! His eyes were wide open and those green eyes were hard to miss.

"Good morning angels." He told me. What does he mean by 'angels?' Enfaces on the 'S'. Does he know I'm having Oliver's child? Is that why he took me to get back at Oliver? I turned around on the sofa, but being in such a small area it was hard to turn without falling off.

"Are you feeling OK? Are you having morning sickness?" He definitely knows I'm pregnant.

"How did you know that I'm having Oliver's child?" His face went blank he opened his mouth but just closed it back.

"It's not Oliver's child."

"Is he on something?" Cayson asked me. Probably, there's no way it's his child. We never...well you know...'Did that. '

"He can't be yours Chance." Chance's face lit up.

"It's a boy?'' I nodded my head but Cayson has been wrong about a lot of things, for all I know it could be a girl. I gestured for him to explain how it could possibly be his child.

"Before I tell you, I just want you to know that I love you and I just wanted to be with you. I knew Oliver was planning on taking you away and I knew I wouldn't be able to stop him," He paused then continued with his 'story.' "It was when you were unconscious in the bed. You were out for a few days and I didn't think you would survive so I..." he paused again.