Chapter 9

Bianca POV

In a semi-conscious haze, I let out a melancholic sigh that could only truly be released with the tedious experience of age.

I had felt such emptiness for my entire life and now I knew why. I had always believed that the reason for my intense longing was my need for family, but now I understand it differently.

I longed for myself.

There was such loss in my soul, a sense of separation and being incomplete.

But I know now, I know who I am.

And I know what I was created to do.

What so many of my reincarnations had attempted, I will finally fulfill.

I will destroy the vampires.

For my heritage.

To restore natures balance.

If not also for the safety of those who had offered me kindness in my time of need.

I will protect the people of Mystic Falls until the day this life cycle ends.

Damon POV

She was actually quite attractive.

Swirling the dregs of bourbon around my glass tumbler, birthday present from Great Uncle Alberto in 1806, I scanned Bianca's face.

Small button nose.

Natural bleach blond hair, I could tell by the smell of it - I'm not a creep, just a vampire with a very sensitive nasal passage.

Ash white skin - what a shocking coincidence.

And a new addition - markings with the mixed colouring of both pale brown and pink swirled over her body, at least I think they covered her entire body...

"Damon, what are you doing to Bianca's shirt?!!"

"Why do you always insist on ruining my fun, Stefan? So inconsiderate of you, respecting your elders is what Father taught us, well that is before you killed him,"

"Damon ---"

"Yes, Mr. Bunny Hunter?"

"Well, I was going to mention that Elena is coming over, she's pretty worried about Bianca.

Who tattoos a teenage girl in the woods anyway? I thought Mystic Falls was a little crazy, but this---"

Taking a minute to place my very expensive glass on my very old coffee table, I turned to see whether my brother was attempting to be funny - let's just say Stefan couldn't make some one on laughing gas spare a chuckle - or was just plain stupid.

"Come on, Stefan!! You have got to be kidding me.

I understand, Stefan, when it comes to Elena or something stupid like blood but this you have to trust me on.

This is Elena, she is a walking blood bank and this is achance to get Klaus. Stefan, it takes a lot of effort for me to say this but, please support me on this. This is not nothing."

Strain was building on my forehead, NOOOO I'm frowning like Stefan!!!

My poor, beautiful forehead, previously untouched by the lines of stress.

God, I really have to be serious this time

Elena POV

Missing the key hole three times before finally getting it, I burst through the front door where my attention was instantly drawn to Bianca's unconscious form on Stefan's couch.