Chapter 3

The Mystic Grill, is this place home to some kind of magically char-grilling food machine?

Anyway, lets divert from my crazy inner pondering, now to introduce myself to my new tenants. If they'll have me anyway. After 16 years of waiting to be adopted, i'm not too optimistic.

Walkingin to the bar, the first thing that catches my attention is a 20-something year old guy drenched in black leather. Jumping up and down chaotically, 'woo-hoo'-ing like a school girl - OK, that's not what you would expect from that quality of prime man beef.

Tad hormonal today. Kinky teenager on the loose.

Come catch me big beef man.

Again, with my diversion into my crazi-ness.

Following Liz to a corner table, she puts her hands on my shoulders and presents me to ... a bunch of teenagers. Okkkkkkk, has old Lizzy gone a bit bonkers, she's supposed to be introducing me to my new land lords....

In an aside comment I murmured "Ermmmm Liz, who are these kids and why am I infront of them?"

"Well, lets get introductions out of the way first."

A hand shot up in my face to be joined with an equally perky voice "Hi! I'm Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls, that's my Mother you have there. So, where are you from? Is that your natural hair colour? How old are you? I love your boots! I bet you and Jeremy would get on well, you know, the sexy loner type----"

"OK, Care, you're turns up!! Well, this is Bonnie Bennett."

Black wavy hair, kind face; seems nice enough.

"Hey i'm Bonnie, nice to meet you." taking my hand she instantly recoils back with what seemed like an involuntary smile on her face. Psycho chick.... "Really nice to meet you"

Repetitive Psycho chick thy name is Bonnie.

"Ehhmm, this is Stefan Salvatore, who moved back to town recently actually, right Stefan? With his elder brother Damon, who I need to talk to ... I'll be back in a sec" telling me over her shoulder as she was walking away.

Silence

Then a helpful voice broke the ice.

"Yeah, i'm Stefan, enjoying Mystic Falls?"

How was I enjoying Mystic Falls..... the people aren't as normal as I'd hoped in my ever going quest for life long normality but it was alright I guess. Trees and open spaces, better than the city streets where my Orphanage was anyway.

After having visibly spaced out for longer than 30 seconds, I quickly replied "Ermm, yep, it's great. Really ... leafy?"

Hearing a chocked laugh, I looked to the source, meeting the eyes of a brown haired beauty - whose eyes were watering with laughter from my "leafy" comment.

Were there no normal guys here - I have one 'woop'-ing beef cake and a laugh-cryer. What ever happened to brooding bad boys? They're my favourites!!

"I'm sorry, just so *cough* funny. I'm Jeremy and this is my elder sister Elena." pointing to a gorgeous brunette sitting beside him, "So, tell us, whats your story?"

Leaning on the edge of their booth with all curious eyes on me, especially psycho Bennett's, I wavered on how much to say. Orphanage or no Orphanage? My childhood abandonment story?

"Well, I'm Bianca Albero, umm hey" *small awkward wave* "just moved here from North Carolina, and I'm kind of looking for somewhere where I could rent a room. Officer Forbes said that the Gilbert's had some room...?" looking around the table for any recognition of the last name Gilbert.

My searching of the table stopped as Elena and Jeremy shared a glance, neither with doubt I was pleased to see but with a protective sense of foreboding that they wished to avoid.

"I'm sorry, if you can't it's fine, I can just keep looking around or get a Motel for a bit or something----"

Elena jumped up, making Stefan jolt in panic for a moment - someone's a bit nervy - "Of course, we would love for you to stay with us!! That would be great, we should go talk at my house. Come on, Jeremy!"

With a look of confusion Jeremy stands "Wait, why do I have to go? Can't you do all the technical stuff?"

"No Jeremy, because we are a team and Mom, Dad and Jenna would have wanted us to work together"

Looking like she had hit a vulnerable point, he just said "Fine." and stalked out of the bar.

"Sorry about that Bianca, he's just being a typical moody, brooding teenage boy"

"Oh no, it's fine. It's your house after all" (and I love men who brood...) Hormones again!!

"Don't be silly, Bi, it's your house too now"

With a smile she led me out  of the Grill by the hand like the Mother I had always wanted. She was so protective, attentive, nice and really pretty. Maybe I didn't get adopted all those years ago because of some destined moment in my life that was yet to happen.

I believed that fate had brought me here for something. Maybe it was for Family, and this was it.