Turn the lights off, carry me home

Alice pulled me up from the sofa, so we could walk to the stage where the guys would have their set. Both, Haley and Alice had a mischievous grin on their faces, making me wonder what was happening. I tried not to mind it though and walked with them to the set.

The guys ran on stage after hugging each of us, and us wishing them good luck.

“HELLO PORTLAND!” Alex screamed into his microphone, making the crowd cheer. Alex smiled, as Rian began drumming. “THIS FIRST SONG IS CALLED LOST IN STEREO, IF YOU KNOW THE WORDS SING ALONG!” He yelled, and started playing the guitar along with Zack and Jack, soon beginning to sing as well.

The three of us started singing and dancing as well, just enjoying each others company. The guys played For Baltimore, I Feel Like Dancin', Six feet under the stars and Coffeshop soundtrack, before Zack, Alex and Rian went off stage, leaving Jack alone on stage who was handed an accoustic guitar, making the crowd go crazy.

“Alex what is he doing?” I asked curiously.

“Just listen” he smiled, winking at me and walked to the back to get something to drink. I furrowed my eyebrows and concentrated on Jack, who seemed to be really nervous.

He started strumming a familiar melody, but I couldn't really remember what it was.

And then he started singing, his voice making me shiver.

I close both locks below the window.

I close both blinds and turn away.

Sometimes solutions aren’t so simple.

Sometimes goodbye’s the only way.

I started to remember the song, but still couldn't swear on what song it was, or where I heard it before.

And the sun will set for you,

The sun will set for you.

And the shadow of the day,

Will embrace the world in grey,

And the sun will set for you.

And then, it dawned onto me. This song, this very song was the song Jack wrote for me. I gasped and closed my mouth with one hand, as my eyes started to water, and this time I didn't care if they would fall or not.

In cards and flowers on your window,

Your friends all plead for you to stay.

Sometimes beginnings aren’t so simple.

Sometimes goodbye’s the only way.

And the sun will set for you,

The sun will set for you.

And the shadow of the day,

Will embrace the world in gray,

And the sun will set for you..

As I looked at Jack's face, I saw a few tears making their way down his face, as he continued to play and sing, no matter what.

And the shadow of the day,

Will embrace the world in grey,

And the sun will set for you..

And the shadow of the day,

Will embrace the world in gray,

And the sun will set for you.

By the time the song ended, the crowd was dead silent, everybody filming Jack singing. A few seconds later, the crowd erupted into cheers and cries, making Jack smile. He looked over to me, and bit his lip, smiling at me. He waved me over, which I did without hesitation.