Chapter 20

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin pov

Pure panic is what I feel. I am only 22 for Pete's sake, I don't want to die. As soon as the shock wore off, I grabbed Ashley and Sara's hand and got them to start running.

"Hurry, we have to get out of here!" I called out to the two. W didn't get anywhere as we bumped into Josh. Wait, he was injured, how is he standing?!

"Where you going? Were you not here for a story? Come back to the house and we can get everything straightened out for you." He said with a sickening grin.

I growled and swung my fist at Josh only for him to grab it and crush my hand.
"AAAGGHHH!" I screamed and fell to the floor in pain. Sara and Ashley screamed and Sara tried to run. Josh caught her and then snapped her neck, killing her instantly.
Why are they doing this?!
"Hmmm, we seem to be missing one. Care to tell us where he is?" Garret asked us. Ashley and I both denied on knowing where he is. I just hope he gets help.
"Well in that case, Josh would you like to play hide and seek?" My eyes widened as I looked at the both of them. I have to keep him from leaving.

"H-how are you able to walk?" I asked Josh. He looked at me and smiled. "We can discuss that after I find your friend and get back to the house. Ok?" he spoke and patted my cheek.

"Will you be able to carry two and get the live ones back to the house on your own dad?"
"Don't worry, I don't think they will be a problem."

And just like that, we were lead back to that hell hole.

Alex pov

It wasn't a long walk until we were back at the house of horrors. Turns out we didn't get that far from the house. The walk back was quiet once we heard a gun go off and with the way the twins responded, I knew it had something to do with our friends.

The closer we got to the door, the more worried I felt. How are going to get away now? Will our death be quick or drawn out?!

The door to the house swung open and revealed a silhouette. It was Nora
"Oh thank goodness, I was so worried!" she exclaimed and pulled me out of Sean's arms and into hers. "There are all kinds of nasty traps out there! You have no clue where they are and you could have easily been hurt!!" She sounds like she is scolding a child. I am so confused. Why does she sound like she cares for my safety?

Releasing me from the aqward hug (at least for me it was) and tugged me into the living room.

"Why don't you bring our guest in here as well boys. We don't want him to get lonely, do we?"
"Please, PLEASE, don't hurt Gage." I begged and pleaded with Nora but she seemed to ignore me.

We all gathered in the living room and sat on the couch. I sat beside Gage and the twins sandwiched us. Nora took a seat across from us on the other couch. It was quiet for a good full minute before Gage broke the silence.

"Could you please explain who you really are and what you plan to do with us?"
"Well we could, but I don't want to scare our little girl. She's not ready for the truth yet." Nora cooed.

Gage and I shared a worried glance.

"What little girl?" I asked. The three killers all grinned.
"Why, you of course." Nora said as if it were obvious. "You get to be part of our family now."
My face paled and I shook my head no. "I am NOT your little girl! I WON'T be joining your family, I already have one!" I choked out, fear welling up in my chest.
"You don't need them; we will be all that you could want."
"No! I want to return home with my friends!" grabbing Gage's hand and went to stand up but the twin that sat beside me, Sean, pulled me back down.
"Oh sweetheart, you won't be going anywhere. Don't worry; you will be taken good care of." Nora said sinisterly.

The front door suddenly swung open and Justin and Ashley were thrown onto the floor. In Came Garret and he was carrying two bodies...Sara and Shelby. I wanted to vomit when I saw Shelby's head. The gun that went off...it was Shelby that got shot. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I grabbed Gage and pulled him into a hug.

"I am afraid they won't be fresh dear. We will have to skin and freeze them." Garret explained.
Nora smiled gently at him. "It's ok, these things happen." How can they do these kinds of things?
"You are all insane!" Gage yelled. I hugged him tight, and tried to keep him quiet. "We don't want to upset them; please it will just make things worse!" I whispered to him.
"Why don't you just sit there quietly? Boys, turn on some TV for entertainment for the two. Daddy and I will take care of this mess."

"Ok mom." The twins grabbed the TV remote and turned on the TV. "Let's watch cartoons, I think Looney Toons is on." Seth commented.

I never thought I would hate someone as much as I hate this family.

Hunter Pov

'Was that a gunshot? Maybe someone else is out here! Then again, it could be that family. I'm not going to check it out. I will stick to my original plan.' I thought as I walked.
I hope everyone is ok; I feel kind of bad that I just abandoned them but...forget it. They are all jerks.
I wasn't paying attention when I suddenly kicked something, causing me to trip and fall to the ground.

"F**k!" I hissed as I sat up. I looked to see what I tripped over and saw it was another damn bear trap. What, do they have these things set up everywhere?! Letting out a huff I stood up to continue walking, but was disturbed when I heard a twig snap. I turned just in time to see Josh lunge at me. I moved quick and just barely escaped his attack.

"Go away!" I yell and got into a fighting stance.
"But don't you want to see your friends? They sure do miss you."
I sneered, "I'm sure they do!" we were walking in a circle now, ready for one of us to attack. It was then I noticed something small, shinny, and black on the ground, it looked like a.....gun! Did it have any bullets in it? If it doesn't then at least I can use it to hit him and hopefully knock him unconscious.
"What about poor little Alex? I know you didn't want to leave her behind but the others out voted you, didn't they?"
"Alex is alive?" no way!
"And so is the other, Gage I believe is his name. Don't you want to see them and ask forgiveness?"

I was stunned for a moment and he took that time to attack again. He jumped on me and we landed on the ground, my back breaking the fall. He wrapped his hands around my throat and started choking me. Luckily, we landed close to the gun, just like I wanted to. I reached for it and was able to reach the weapon. I cocked the gun and put the barrel to his head and fired, making his body slump against mine. Blood got all over me but I don't care. Thank God it was loaded!

I shoved his body off of me and sat up and looked at Josh's body. I stood up and aimed the gun at him and shot him in the head again. I wanted to make sure he is dead.
Knowing that my friends are still alive and are in danger gave me a new feeling. I can't keep going on. I have to go get my friends. They could all be dead and the evidence could be gone before I got back with help. No, I'm going to get my friends and save them!

Just hold on guys, I'm coming. With that, I took off running back to the house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Hunter go!!!
The gun on the ground, if anyone remembers, belonged to Matthew when he got into a one on one battle with Josh in chapter 11