Chapter 19

Alex pov

Well, the coat on the hook trick worked for a bit, unfortunately, luck was not on our side. As soon as the twins and their dogs left the shed, Gage and I hauled butt. However, on the way out the other door, I had knocked off a jar, filled with some kind of substance, onto the ground, shattering it.

Apparently, they did not go very far so they heard the noise loud and clear. Gage grabbed my hand and started running.

"Come on, hurry!" Gage urged me faster. I could tell they were close, and then all of a sudden...It was quiet, like they disappeared.

"Did we lose them?" I whispered. Gage didn't answer right away as he looked around.
"I think so. Come on, let's not stop and wait for them."
It was quiet for about fifteen minutes when I decided to ask a question that had been on my mind.

"What happened after you and the others went to go change the tire?" I watched Gage's jaw clench and his hands balled into fists.

"We made it back to the van, however there was a man there and he ambushed us....at least that's what we first thought. He introduced himself as Matthew Summers, a detective that was searching for that Courtney girl."

Oh yea, I remember talking to the mother.

"He started talking about how Josh was a kidnapper and killer. Justin had left his gun in the van and the detective had taken it. He shot Josh in the leg to immobilize him; we were scared at this point. Then their dad, I believe Josh said his name was Garret, appeared and hit him upside the head with a piece of wood, knocking him unconscious. Then Josh's brothers showed up with their dogs. Garret stole the gun off of Matthew, picked him up, and escorted us back to the house, into their cellar to be more specific." He finished.

My heart wanted to jump out of my chest as I recalled the screams coming from the cellar. I stopped walking, causing Gage to stop as well and look at me. "What?" he asked.

I take a deep breath, "A little after Josh had come home, and Garrett treated him, Seth and Sean took me outside to play with the dogs. They left me alone for a while, so I explored. I came across a cellar door with a giant lock on it. I...I thought I heard screaming. Please tell me I was hearing things." I begged him.

He looked away and grabbed my hand again and started pulling me. His silence confirmed my question though. The next few words flew out of my mouth, "Who was it?"

He whispered, "Matthew. They had said he was going to have a bad time while he was still alive."
I didn't comment, so we just walked in silence. As we were walking, my mind wandered back to Josh. He was shot in the leg two hours before dinner; when he came to get me, he hardly had a limp. Then when he caught Gage and I at the door, he was walking fine.
Then I heard something. Voices! It sounded like Justin and Ashley! I looked at Gage with hope and expected him to be excited but he didn't seem happy. No, he was angry. Oh yea, they left us for dead.
But I can forgive! Chance of survival is greater with a bigger group.
"Justin!" Gage called out.
"Gage?!" Justin responded "Where are you?"
"Were over here!" Gage and I yelled.
"Oh thank goodness, I'm so glad we found each other! Wait there we will come to you." Ashley said in a somewhat cheerful mood? Was she seriously that happy to see us?

Suddenly, we were tackled to the ground by something furry. Milo and Kuma had jumped on us.

"Get off!" Gage tried to shake the dog off of him but it only resulted in him getting bit on his right forearm. "F**k!" he yelled as blood started forming from the wound
I focused back on the one standing over me. He acted happy, almost like he was playing. "G-good boy." I said shakily.

"Yes he is." Two voices spoke. Sean and Seth emerged from the same spot the dogs came from. Sean moved Kuma off of me and helped me up. I struggled in his grip, wanting to go help Gage but Sean wouldn't budge.

"Where do you think you're going?" he purred in my ear. A wave of shivers rolled down my back and tears threatened to spill. I watched as Seth got Milo off of Gage and pull him up and pull his arm back in a painful way.

"It's nine thirty; little girls should be in bed by this time, not running around with a boy. What would mom and dad think?" Seth commented

I glared at him, "My parents trust Gage and so do I." They both tisked
"Oh, I don't think so. Mom and dad are very upset that you are hanging around trouble makers." Sean said and gestured towards Gage, who was still trying to get out of Seth's grip. "Who are you calling a trouble maker? If anything, she should be staying away from you!" Gage yelled, only to be spun around and punched in the gut. He let out a grunt and was pulled back up into the same position as before.

'Please don't hurt him.' I clenched my eyes shut, hoping that this was all just a bad dream.

"Come on princess, let's get you home." Sean whispered to me. He then picked me up bridal style and started carrying me back to that damned house. I tried to get out of his arms but they just tightened around me.
Whoever said that it would be harder to kidnap bigger people, they were wrong.
Seth still had a strong grip on Gage and put his spare hand on his back, like he was fixing to pull Gage's arms off, and forced him to walk.
"How did you guys sound like our friends?" Gage asked.
"Natural talent." They both answered.

Oh yea, Nora had something about the twins mimicked other people and animals.

"Have you, by any chance, seen our friends?" Gage pressed on.
"We haven't, but dad is out looking for them. They did take his truck after all."
Gage smirked, "Well, ten bucks says that they got out of the woods and made it to the police."
"Oh really?" Seth challenged.
"Yea." Gage's eyes are filled with confidence.
Well, until the sound of gun fire resounded throughout the woods. Seth and Sean looked at each other with terrifying grins. Then they both looked at Gage. Simultaneously, they both asked....

"When can we expect our money?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things are not looking good for either group. Will Justin, Ashley and/or Sara make it out alive? What about Hunter? Gage and Alex? Or will Alex be doomed to live with the family as a daughter and sister and be forced to eat her friends. Find out next time!