Chapter 24

Dear Kali,

I have been writing you for almost three years now. Next month will finally be three years since I've been in jail. I'm happy to say that I will be getting out next month. I am a free man. Which means I will be able to see you and your mother again. I have missed you both so much. I would do anything to make us a family again. I love you Kali. I love you and your mom very much. I am very sorry for the things I have done to you and your mother. I can never take away the bad things I have done. Oh how I wish I could but I can't. I am now a better man and I hope to get to see my little girl soon. I bet you have gotten so much prettier and taller. I can't wait to see you and wrap my arms around you. I will see you very soon.

Love,

Dad

Tears were rolling down my cheeks nonstop. I threw the letter and started sobbing. I lied my head down on my arms that were crossed on the table.

I can't believe he's getting out of jail in a month. I can't believe he said he's sorry to me and my mom! He isn't sorry he never will be. I will never forgive him.

I sobbed some more. All the flashbacks of him were starting to come back to me and I just wish I could forget about them.

*flashback*

"Dad please!" I begged.

I was on the floor in my room. He kept slapping me and kicking me around. I didn't fight back because I was only eight years old. I didn't know what to do.

I was crying so hard that I could barley catch my breath. "Dad why are you doing this?"

"Shutup!" He slapped my cheek so hard. My head jerked to the side. My cheek stung so bad. It felt like it was on fire. I sobbed for an hour while he kept slapping and throwing me around like I was some sort of rag doll.

He finally stopped and walked over to me. He bent down and pulled me into him. He wrapped his arms around me and then pulled away and kissed my forehead. "You must not tell anyone about this because if you do. Your mom will get very hurt and I mean VERY hurt. Do you want mommy to get hurt?"

I cried and shook my head no.

"Okay then promise me you won't tell anybody about this because we don't want mommy to get hurt."

"I-I p-promise."

"We are going to pretend that I just picked you up from school and that you got beat up by a couple of girls from your school. Okay?"

"O-Okay daddy."

*flashback ended*

The beating kept going on until I was ten but he made sure to only leave bruises on my stomach and back. Where nobody could see them unless I took off my clothes or wore a swimsuit. Which I couldn't go swimming unless I wore a swimsuit that hid the bruises.

When I was ten he stopped abusing me. He started drinking and staying out late. When he came home. He didn't talk to us at all.

When I was thirteen. He was a total drunk. He began to abuse me again. Mom finally found out and told him that we were leaving and that she never wanted to see him again and if he goes anywhere near me she will call the cops.

I was at school when she said all of this to him.

After she said that to him. He stormed out of the house and got into his car and drove off.

*Flashback*

School was out and I looked for my moms car but it was nowhere in sight. Dad then pulled up and told me to get in. I hesitated but he told me mom was at the hospital so that's when I hurried and got into the car. I could smell the alcohol on him. It was a strong smell. I almost gagged from the smell. I was about to get back out of the car because I knew it wasn't safe to be in a car with somebody who is drunk but it was too late because we were already taking off. I quickly put on my seatbelt. I kept telling him to slow down but he wouldn't he kept going faster and faster.