Chapter 3

That's when the room exploded, chairs screeched, people tried getting their voices heard. I saw this one person in particular, and boy was she starting a ruckus. "YOU WANT US TO BE A PART OF YOUR SICK GAME" she yelled. "I WON'T TOLERATE IT AND I KNOW NO ONE ELSE WILL EITHER" she yelled trying to make her voice heard.  

It took about four guards to take her down however that did little to stop her. She kicked, scratched, bit, and any other thing you can thing of. They finally took her outside and everyone else got silence. 

"Ok" Esgerd began "Now that that is handled, the fun part begins.  Our 20 beautiful contestants have one minutes each to explain why they should stay in the game." 

I barely hear the words coming out of his mouth, all I can focus on is my breathing. Public speaking has terrified me at such a young age. Now knowing that's the only thing standing before my life and death, does little to support me. 

"Any Volunteers?" asked Esgerd, a mischievous smirk plastered on his face. "Oh jeez, you guys are no fun." he sighs as he turns to the audience, he swiftly closes his eyes and turns towards us,

"Eni mini miny mo" his long index fingers stops right in front of me. My breathing becomes more rapid and my head starts spinning. I hear a quite sob from the audience. 

"Come on now darling, We don't have all day" exclaimed Esgerd, I slowly stand  and counting each step, I make it to the front of the stage. 

He hands me the microphone and I stand there staring into the eyes of the crowd. I couldn't talk the words were caught in my throat. Finally, I take a deep breath and say the only words I needed to. 

"Fuck you" I stated. Gasps follow around the room, I spot my mom and her face pales, she's frozen still. 

"Excuse me" uttered Esgerd

I didn't waste a beat, "I said FUCK YOU. And these games you play with peoples families, you're a monster and I hope you rot in hell." 

His eyes turn small and for once I saw his calm façade slip, anger was all I could describe as what I saw. 

Suddenly he stalks towards me and snatches the microphone. "Listen here ladies and Gentlemen, we have ourselves a brave soul. And for her  bravery she will be eliminated immediately. 

I stand there, my face numb. 

"That's not all, her family will be joining her, give them a round of applauds" he voices as he turns to stare right into my eyes. 

___________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Sorry for the small chapter

I don't know how to say how sorry I am. I didn't think people actually read my story and enjoyed it. If you're still here I would be more than happy to upload more.