Chapter 2

"Welcome to the annual mating game" Esgreds voice echos through the auditorium.  I stare up at him he closely resembles  Count Olaf with his eyebrows, NO,  eyebrow positioned into a high arc. And a reciting hairline.  

Hes pinstripe suit clashes with his too pale skin. "Another year, another game" he chuckles, he stops when he notices nobody else follows.  

"Okay then , lets jump right into it" he strolls to the other side of the stage and snatches an envelope from the stool.  "You know how this work, I call your name you come up to the stage" he sighs then opens the envelopes. 

"Catherine Alvarez Garcia" he shouts I hear a sob as a girl stands and walks over to the stage. She is wearing a silver liquid satin dress that  hugs her body at the top and flows at the bottom. Her hair is tied in a neat side chignon, even though tears are streaming down her face she holds her head high and takes a seat. 

Esgred looks at her with pity he turn back and calls name after name each girl sobbing more than the other. Then the time comes "Venus Fae Gray" he shouts I stay parlayed in my seat "Get up" my mother whispers. I stand up walk up to the stage and sit down. I look at my dress a red cocktail dress with strappy nude stilettos. 

"There you have it" Esgred enthusiastically waves his hand indicating us. Many people started getting up to leave when Esgerd to my surprise stops them. "Who said it was over" he utters smirking. That smirk that tells you he knows something you don't. 

Everyone confusingly sit back down. "This year our host decided there was too many girls, so we will be eliminating 5 girls right now. My eyes widen the I hear collective of gasps. "And you know  whats makes it better"   he continues  "you the audience pick which one". Now he's smiling with teeth. 

I look around to the girls they have all turned ghostly white and not only because one of them might get eliminated because of what it means to be eliminated. Like this whole game if you step the wrong place you wind up dead. 

_________________________________________________________________________

 Thanks for reading. I know its really short I just wanted to update. 

I might be changing the first chapter because it doesn't really go with this. 

READ, COMMENT, VOTE.