Chapter 6 -

Okay... It sucks, it's short, it sucks even more and holy fucking shit, over 400 reads! 0.o 
What the fricking frick???
Hope you like it, even though it's not as long as I had promised the chapters would be :$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a two-months-break. When I heard that there was going to be a break, I was excited to be able to go home for a while. I had been here in New Zealand for quite a while now and it was awesome, but I did miss my friends and family.
Then Peter told me he wanted me to stay in New Zealand to join him and some of the crewmembers for some location-scouting. At first, I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind. I was very, very wrong.
I was, surprise surprise, the youngest person in the little group that went scouting. I noticed that most of the people – who I wouldn’t really call old, but they weren’t exactly young either – had some trouble walking in the landscapes. When I wasn’t recording Peter or the other crewmembers, I was just having fun, jumping from rock to rock, trying not to fall into rivers and stuff. The others had to help each other to not slip on the wet rocks – and still Jason and Emily managed to fall in the water – and had trouble climbing over branches.
It was cold out here, though. I wore my warm, thick socks and hiking shoes, but at the end of each day scouting, my toes felt like they were about to fall off.
Still, I had fun. Peter and the crew spent most time working on the movie, editing and cutting and what not. That wasn’t very exciting, so I didn’t record much of it. The days that they were in the studio, I’d walk around Wellington with Sierra, do some recording for my own blog, or go ‘location-scouting’ on my own – meaning I would go for the awesome New-Zealand heights and then get lost…
Anyway, I had fun and just when I was starting to get a little bit bored, the break was over and the cast and crew returned. Martin Freeman still felt guilty because he was the cause of the break. He had to be in London for Sherlock, but Peter Jackson really wanted him as Bilbo, so he had decided to just work around the schedule for Sherlock. No one really blamed Martin for the break, though. If anything, they thanked him for it.

Dean, Adam, Richard, Aidan, James  and Graham arrived at the same day, so we decided to go for a drink in Wellington. We were sharing stories of what everyone had been doing during the break and they interrogated me about the locations where we were going to shoot. I couldn’t tell them, since Peter asked me to keep it a ‘surprise’, so they ended up guessing what the locations would be like.
In order to get away from them, I went to get us another round of drinks. To make it better, the bartender dropped some glasses.
‘I’m really sorry,’ he apologized. ‘You mind if I clean this up first?’
I smiled at him. ‘Don’t worry, I got all night.’
And so I just waited at the bar until he got it all cleaned up. I turned my head to look at the group in the corner. Graham and Richard were talking, Richard making weird gestures that made me wonder what the hell they were talking about. Dean and Aidan were talking as well, although it looked as if Dean tried to push Aidan away from their table.  Adam was showing James something on his phone.
It was fun to see what they were like ‘in real life’. They were still the same guys as when they were on set, but this was different. They seemed a bit careless, not having to remember what they had to do or say, not having people telling them when to do something.
I heard something shatter on the ground. I looked over the bar and saw the bartender had dropped the shards he had picked up, shattering them into more, smaller shards.
‘Everything okay down there?’ I asked, eyebrows raised.
‘Yeah, yeah, I’m fine,’ the boy answered quickly.
‘Need some help?’
He let out a nervous chuckle. ‘Thanks, but I’ll manage.’
The bartender brushed some shards into a dustpan, but the glass was everywhere, so it took him a long time.
‘Hey.’
I turned my head to see Aidan standing next to me. ‘Hi.’
‘Okay, weird question, but do you know how much a polar-bear weighs?’
What? That sure was random. ‘Uhm… Somewhere between seven-hundred and fifteen-hundred pounds.’
Aidan just stared at me for a moment. Then he smiled. ‘Great. Thanks.’ He quickly turned around and walked back to the group.
Yep, that was definitely weird. I looked down at the bartender again, who tried to remove glass from under a cabin.
Within half a minute, both Aidan and Dean came up to me.
‘Sorry,’ Dean said. ‘How much was it again? How much does a polar-bear weigh?’
I raised an eyebrow. ‘Between seven-hundred and fifteen-hundred pounds.’
Dean patted Aidan on the shoulder. ‘Well, that should be enough to break the ice.’ And he just walked away.
Aidan stood there, sighing and I just sat there, staring at Dean’s back in confusion.
‘What the hell was that about?’ I asked with a laugh.
He shook his head. Not as if he didn’t know the answer, but as if he didn’t want to say it.
‘So, what’s with the drinks?’ Aidan asked after a while. He looked down over the bar at the boy that was still cleaning up shards – god, he really made a mess of it…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I didn't make the polar-bear joke up myself. Got it from a movie. I think it was Wedding Crashers, just thought it was hilarious XD