Chapter 1 -

So, first chapter! I'll try to get to the blogging-in-New-Zealand-part as quick as I can, but you know, intro is always good... 
Let me know what you think!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stupid Youtube. So damn slow. Or maybe it was just the wifi being a bitch again. I tapped my fingers on the desk impatiently, staring at the screen, watching the video being uploaded extremely slowly. Sierra started whining and I looked down at her. One annoying thing about a puppy; they have to go out as soon as they wake up.
‘Come on then,’ I sighed and the little German shepherd jumped up in excitement.
I opened the front door and Sierra went nuts. Some leaves were whirling around in the wind and the dog tried to catch them all. As soon as she got a hold on one, she saw another one that was more interesting and hopped to grab it.
‘I thought you had to pee,’ I mumbled. She looked up when she heard my voice, but then continued her hunt.
We walked for a while, until she suddenly laid down and whined again.
‘Seriously?’ I looked at her, and she cocked her head, looking back. I sighed. ‘Fine.’
I stepped towards her and picked her up. This was my own fault, though. I should have known we were out for too long. Now she was tired. And when Sierra was really tired, she just wouldn’t walk anymore. I could simply walk away and she would cry out and whine, but she wouldn’t walk. So now, I had to carry her home.

Back behind my desk, the video was finally done uploading. I added some tags and a short description and put the link on twitter and Tumblr. So, that was the video for today. I sat back in the chair and stared at the ceiling. What to do now? I decided to do a bit of recording for a while. Just some random updates, heads up about a videogame I was recording – hadn’t had the chance to do so for a few days, but I promised I would continue soon.
After that, I started doing chores in the house. Ellen and Michael weren’t here, as usual, but they would come back tomorrow, so I’d clean up a bit. They had enough on their minds, it was only fair to not have them to worry about chores. Their son was in the hospital, he was probably going to die, but he wanted to fight for as long as he could. His parents wanted to visit him every day, but the hospital he was in, was a three-hour-drive away, so they were staying at Ellen’s sister’s place most of the time. I was surprised they let me stay here. Apparently, they really trusted me not to burn down the place, or rob them. I still paid rent, of course, but now I had the entire house to myself, most of the time. It was a bit strange. It felt like I had my own place now, even though this wasn’t my house. I was doing the cleaning and cooking, grocery shopping, even my own dog was running around in the living room.
After I did some dusting, vacuum and the dishes, I went to check my email. Not much. Some messages from Youtube, my parents checking on me, some friends. And one whose email address I didn’t recognize. Shit, it was someone responding to my blog. How the hell did this person get my private email? Someone named Rachel. Well, sorry Rachel, but you should just send it to my Youtube-account. I didn’t reply to it, but didn’t put it in ‘spam’ either. I wanted to know if this Rachel would send me more mails.
After that, I replied the emails from my friends and parents and then went on to the Youtube messages. Just people saying they like my blog, asking things or suggesting ideas I could do. I had quite a lot of viewers, for some reason. Probably because I did some different things. I had my video-blog, in which I record random things, like funny things happening in the house or outside. In the blog, I also did reviews on movies, series and sometimes books. When I’m out for a trip or a vacation, I record cool things. For example, the last vacation was in Ireland, where I recorded a heavy storm at the coast. Christ, that was awesome!
I also record just little things, like Loki going nuts in her box of rice, or her and Sierra playing together – which is adorable!
Next to the video-blog, I had my lets-play videos, in which I play videogames, which I loved doing every time, because when I’m recording it, it’s not that weird to respond to the game out loud.
And then there were my dog-training-videos. At the moment, it was mostly a blog about Sierra, which I tried to upload at least once a week. The viewers turned out to adore Sierra. Of course, what was there not to love about that ball of fur? In the blog, I would just show how I train her, socialize her, and just how she grows up. She was only five months old, but already pretty big.
All of that was in one channel, so it was quite a broad audience.
Replying to the messages from Youtube took quite some time, so when I finally stopped, I cooked dinner, fed Sierra and took her for a walk. It was already getting darker outside, but it was light enough to record for a while. I recorded a lot. Didn’t use everything for the blog, but this way, I couldn’t miss anything.
I recorded Sierra trying to dig out a rabbit-hole. She became more and more frustrated when she couldn’t catch the rabbit and was digging like crazy. Eventually, I stopped her, because she was getting covered in mud and I just got the house all cleaned up.
I liked recording. Even though I didn’t use everything I recorded, it was still a lot of fun. You could talk and do weird things just in the middle of the street. People still gave you weird looks, but the fact that you had a camera in your hand, apparently assured them you weren’t mental, but just recording something.