Chapter 7

Danny rode home in the principals car, he was really pissed off. Principal was giving him shit all the way home. And all Danny would do is respond with a smart answer. Principal looked angry, he looked like he was about to hit Danny. That made Danny smile. What made him smile even more, that he was suspended from school.

"Why would you do that!" Mom yelled in Danny's face.

"I was sick and tired of him, i can't stand that little bitch." Danny paced back and forth in front of his mom.

Mom just stood up and walked out of Danny's room. She was angry enough, and Danny didn't want to anger her any more.

Drayden came in the room.

"What'd you get suspended for now, Danny?"

"I beat up Casey," Danny felt proud to say that in front of Drayden, he no longer felt weak.

"That kid you invited over?"

"YOU invited him over, not me." Danny felt angry again.

"Oh yeah," Drayden said, trying to act all innocent, "No no more of those dreams of him?"

"No way," Danny lied. He knew there was going to be more dreams, no matter how hard he tried to dream something else up, there was a 80 percent chance, Casey would be in it.

Drayden nodded, got up and walked out.

Danny dropped down onto his pillow and pulled the covers over him, but he didn't sleep. He really wanted to, but he forced himself awake. If he fell asleep, he knew what would happen.

Dexter....Danny thought. He would ask Dexter to come over and they would chill. Dexter would definitely keep him awake.

Danny jumped up, feeling lazy, he walked downstairs to the phone. He dialed in Dexter's phone number.

 "Hey, Is Dexter there?"

"No he is not," His Dad said.

"Do you know where he is?" Danny asked.

"No, he hasn't come home for lunch today, i was just going to call you to see if he was over at your place for lunch."

Danny hadn't realized that it was lunch. Where was Dexter?

"You know, he could be on his way here, Maybe i could go meeting him. Or if he is still at the school, I'll phone and let you know."

"Alright, thanks Danny." Dexters dad hung up. Danny listened to the beeping tone. He felt like something was wrong. So he rushed outside and walked the path he and Dexter sometimes took to go to school.

He scanned the place, hoping to find Dexter walking home for lunch but,there was nobody around. Danny wandered along the path. He felt like he was being followed so he started to jog a little bit.

"Dexter!" Danny cupped his hands around his mouth, while he ran. Silence.

Danny wasn't looking where he was going and he tripped.

"Owww," He grabbed his shoulder and sat up to see what he tripped on. A shoe, Dexter's shoe.

He quickly grabbed it, and remembered Casey, sitting there all stiff and shaky, while Dexter made fun of him. He knew that Casey killed Dexter. Danny got up and ran off the path and into the woods.

"Casey, where'd you hide him." He turned and turned. His gaze fell on a log and he zoomed towards it. Over the log, Dexter lie there, his eyes were closed and his chest was bloody.

Danny clenched Dexter's shoe. "Fucking bitch, Fucking motherfucker!" He threw Dexter's shoe to the side, and he sat there crying for Dexter. He cryed for his life.

"Tough losing your friend eh Danny?"

Danny looked up, his face was tear streaked and red. Casey stood before him with blood all over his arms and shoes.

"Why do you keep doing this, to me!" Danny screamed.

"I told you," Casey's voice was high pitched, "I want you, and only you. I got rid of Gina for you, and i got rid of Dexter. So he finally won't be in the way anymore."

"You are so fucking dead," Danny got up and took a swing at Casey.

Casey stabbed Danny's arm. Danny screamed and fell, crawling away from Casey.

"You want to kill me? Go right ahead, you'll lose the thing thats most precious to you." Danny gritted his teeth.

"Your right, I'm not going to kill you. But if you tell anybody, your life...is over." Casey threw the knife next to Danny and walked off.

Danny wanted to end his life, he couldn't tell the cops who killed Dexter. He felt like dying right there next to his best friend. He had nobody now. Only this pyschotic murderer. He never knew stalking, led to obsession, and killing. But now that he did know, there was nothing to do about it now.

"Danny you have to eat," Mom and Drayden stood next to his hospital bed. Danny looked pale, his eyes were really dark.

"No,"

"Look you have to, Coach is coming in today he said he wants to speak with you-"

"I already know what hes going to say," Danny had his back turned to his mom and Drayden, "He's going to kick me off the team, like i care anyway."

Nobody said anything after that. Danny went to sleep, mom and Drayden had to go.

Someone knocked on the door after they left.

"Daniel? Someone is here to see you." A nurse said.

Danny didn't move, he knew it was Coach.

"Danny," Coach softly said.

"Say it and get out."

"Look, i know its been hard for you, because of Dexter and all, but, that's not why i'm here. I'm going to have to remove you from quarterback position, I'm very sorry, you will not be playing college Football next year."

"Get out," Danny said.

"One more thing, I seen Dexter going into the woods,"

Danny opened his eyes, and turned to face Coach.

"He looked like he was running from someone, so I thought, Maybe he's just taking a jog you know. But then I saw that feller, Casey June? Run in after him...I...He was carrying what looked like a pocket knife. I went in, and heard Dexter screaming, and it was soo faint, incredibly faint. I couldn't find him. I called the police but it was too late. I think Casey might have killed him."

Danny just looked at the coaches shoe. "He did kill him."

"You must go to the police, Danny."

"I can't, he-he said he was going to kill me if i did!" Danny sat up, "The kid is pyscho! You know Gina? He did her too! He said he wants to have me all to himself."

"I will tell somebody, and i will be discreet. I promise, thank you Danny." Coach got up and left.

Danny felt so relieved, to let it out, and to finally tell somebody. He knew Casey would get arrested, and be sent off to a mental facility. Now he was able to get the help he needed.