Chapter Two

"There really isn't much to this human stuff, is there?" I ask Lanie. She smiles and nods her head.

"Yeah, in Chemistry they were discussing what an atom was. Is that not basic information that everyone should have know since they were children?" She sighs and shakes her head. "Humans can't really be this slow, can they?"

"I honestly don't know, all the ones I've encountered seemed to be idiots." I laughed and she joined in.

"Lam-Uh, Lanie. Do you think we're actually going to stick with this whole, 'being human' thing? I feel like were going to quit or something." I put forth a half smile while pushing my long, blonde hair behind my back.

"It's hard to say. But, we've got to. Plus, this way, no ones going to try and kill us. Expecially if we keep clean." She smiles giving me a look. "No more incantations on our peers? Okay?" I smile.

"Okay." I reply.

"Unless they really deserve it and no ones looking." Lanie adds then winks.

----------------------

Day's are really long for us demons. Mainly due to the fact that we don't need to sleep, we can lay down and clear our minds for hours at a time. But, that's about as close as it gets. I'm kinda second guessing myself on this whole high school thing. It's weird, not like I remembered it. Granted, schools were a bit different before the death of Christ. Which, is the only other school I have attended. Once you become a demon, all the information you need is already there. And if you don't know it, you find it out. After being alive for as long as I have been. All information is old, really. 

I was taught how to read and fend for myself, but that's as far as my "schooling" went before becoming a demon. I was just starting to teach my sister how to read, then I began getting sick. To this day, I wonder if they ever did teach her to read. My father would always be gone, he hated staying home with us. I guess we reminded him too much of our mother.

I died at the age of 17, just of some silly sickness that in today's life time would have been cured in a matter of days. I believe its referred to now as the Measles. I was the only one to get it in my town, which should have struck me as odd to begin with.

After dying on the cold ground I was risen into heaven. Yes, I made it to heaven. As soon as I got there, I was told I didn't belong. That I had to leave and be with my father. Which isn't something you expect to hear being a minor who was brought up around religion, and religion only. That God was your one and only father, and that when you finally died, you'd get to be with him.

So, the middle-aged man at the gate basically kicked me out. I was back on Earth, but no one was there. All the poorly constructed buildings and newly forming landscapes were present, but, I was the only human. For others this is falling from heaven. I however was thrown out, on my ass. I didn't know it then, but, I was a demon. Luicifer's first demon, well-umm, my fathers first born.

Sadly enough, I've only met my father a handful of times. The first time being after spending 10 years by myself on the lifeless Earth. Which, I don't blame him, he's in control of the underworld. Who knows what would happen if he was to just abandon his duties. I guess all of hell would break loose. (;D) It's awful being on Earth alone for such a long time, but if I had to guess, I bet it would sure beat my dads place. You see, I've never actually been to Hell. My father won't allow it, I don't mind though, I'm sure it would be unbearable.

In the ten years of solitude, my father created thousands, if not millions, of other demons. He forced them to stay in hell for a few years and basically taught them how to be demons. I didn't learn from him, I was taught by the first demon he released. Lamia. She was always real nice, nothing like the other demons I encountered.

Our first encounter, I ran. She'd find me and I'd run some more. Back then, it was I of whom was shy. Soon she gained my trust and the Earth was no longer lifeless, they came back slowly. Lamia taught me her ways, torturing people for pure enjoyment. I hated it, at first. Then it just sort of became instinct. She'd always done it. Kill them left and right. It's who she was. She claims to have been Zeus's mistress in the past before she died. Zeus denied it to his wife and between that time and Lamia's death, she would spend her free time seducing men while they slept. As soon as they would wake up she'd stare them in the eyes as she drained every ounce of blood from their bodies, she would do the same with infants, minus the whole seducing part.

After Lamia taught me her ways, he finally came to see me. He who is referred to as the Devil was and still is nice, a real father. As he met me, tears filled his eyes and he intertwined me in a hug for a really long time. Not what you would suspect with today's stereotypes towards my father. He really isn't a villain, misunderstood is all.

You do know why he got kicked out of heaven, right? No, he didn't rebell against God, well, he did kinda, but not in the way you would think. My father was given an order and he delayed it to worship God some more, he was obsessed. So, what does his almighty do? He tosses him out. My father was kicked out of heaven for loving God too much. Who's the real bad guy?