Chapter One

I honestly don't know why I'm so excited to attend school, every teenager in existence complains about it. I guess, I just miss the opportunity. I walk through the double doors along with Lamia. We're greeted by an almost too friendly smile.

"Hello, girls. I. Am. Mrs. Barnes. Your principal." Lamia and I both look at her like she's an idiot.

"Um, hello. I'm Lilith and this is Lamia." I force a smile.

"Oh, you guys are fluent. That's good, all is well. The majority of our transfer students barely know any English at all." Mrs. Barnes smiles. "Okay, well, follow me." We follow her and she leads us to a room where a small woman sits behind the desk, typing away." She looks up and smiles at the two of us.

"Why hello, I'm Mrs. Matthews. In need your enrollement packets, I'm assuming?" I nod my head and smile.

"That would be lovely." I say as I take the two packets from her, handing one of them to Lamia. We sit down in the chairs sitting directly across from Mrs. Matthews.

"Everyone is so cheerful." I whisper as quietly as I can to my friend with bulging eyes.

After filling our paper work out we stand and walk towards Mrs. Matthews. She smiles and calls for Mrs. Barnes to take the two of us to the councelors office.

We walk towards the office and there seems to be windows everywhere. Windows and random posters. The principal opens the door for Lamia and I. Lainie thanks her. She tells us to go to the very back room and knock on the door. We do so and a gentle old man opens the door.

"Hello, do you need something?" He asks.

"Uh, yeah." Lamia resonds. "We're new and require schedules." She blushes. This is why I always talk for her, she's so incredibly shy.

After aquiring our schedules we head to the lunch room where all the students sit and talk until the first few bells ring. I scower the large room looking for an emptly table, none are found. Instead? We decide to go to the restroom.

Bad decision. There seems to be more people in here than out in the cafeteria. Lamia and I awkwardly back up and decide to just stand by a wall. Across from us was another wall alike in almost every way. Grey with too many posters on it, from bully awareness to posters with random motivational quotes on them. The bells rang, and not a moment too soon either. We walked to the first and only class we had together, AP Calculus.

As we walked into the room the few people that were there seemed to be staring us down. We look at eachother sharing an awkward glance.

Not even fifteen seconds after sitting down a girl taps me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me! You're in my seat! Now move!" I look at her like she's pathetic.

"You do realize that this is just a desk, right? It really is nothing special." I joke as I get up. She rolls her eyes and flips her head towards Lamia.

"You get your ass up too, I don't want to have to sit by such filth." Anger rages inside of me, I get close to this bitch and whisper some very old Latin in her ear. It wasn't anything spectacular, just saying these words wasn't going to make her head explode or rip every vain out of her body. It would just make her shut up for a few hours, no biggy.

The bitch stood up and turned around and found a new desk.

"Hmm, that was nice of her." I say sarcastically to Lamia. She gives me a look. "What?"

"Lilith, you can't do that. They'll find out our secret and we'll have to leave." I shrugged and apologized.

"You know, our names are kind of out dated. We should give eachother nicknames.. Just for show." Lamia nods her head in agreement.

"Umm, I can call you Lili, or corse. Uh, and you call me... Lanie. I know it's not shorter or anything.. but, it sounds more casual, what do you think?" She smiled. I nodded my head in turn. A little old lady walked through the classroom not a second later wearing a skirt down to her ankles and a large pair of glasses. Her long, brown hair laced with grey trailing her. She turns and looks at us and tilts her head.

"Are you two new?" She asked raising an eyebrow. We both nod. "Ah, okay. I'm Mrs. Smith. How are you guys getting along here so far?"

"Quite well actually, thanks for asking. Are we far behind, already?" I asked casually. She gave a faint smile.

"I'm afraid so, but I think we can catch you up. That is unless your against homework." I nod and smile.

"No, homework is just fine. Thank you." Lamia- I mean uh, Lanie, blurts out.

The rest of the day is kind of a drag. Full of introducing myself to the class and learing basic things I thought everyone already knew. Damn, humans are idiots.