Car Accident

A man named Bill was going home late from work. He got in his car and realized a women on the bench outside getting soaked wet from the rain.

     Bill opened his car window and asked the women, "Are you going to Morris. Ave?".

"Yes" , the women answered.

"Hop on", Bill said.

"Thank you", the woman said.

Bill asked for her name and she answered, "May".

    Everyday Bill would pick up May who was always sitting on the outside bench, and drop her off to her home.

He would talk to her about so many things. Even about how he ran over a woman, 5 years ago. He would tell her the pain and regret he felt after that accident.

    But after one day, when Bill was expecting May to be on the bench, she wasn't there. Bill waited an 1 hour for May to come, but still no sign of May.

    So, Bill drove to May's house, and when a woman answered the doorbell, it wasn't May.

Bill frowned and said, "Have you seen May?".

"I'm May's mother. May is dead darling", the women said.

"No, it can't be. I saw her. And.
Is-is that May's picture?", Bill said pointing to the picture of May on the wall behind the woman. "Yes, dear. She died at a terrible car accident 5 years ago", the women said with a crack in her voice.

    Bill now realized that he was the one who ran over May, 5 years ago....