Chapter Fifteen

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Fifteen

Leo watched Calypso walk back and forth from the mouth of the cave to somewhere else as he drifted in and out of consciousness. She constantly had a basket full of some sort of plant with her, that she placed on the table in the cave before venturing outside to eventually return with another plant. Finally, she walked in with a look of success but sad failure at the same time, and shook him awake. Leo guessed she didn’t realize he was already awake. Through blurry vision, he could make out her sad smile.

“I’ve got everything,” she said.

“Even the Moly Plant?” Leo almost sat up with excitement. Calypso bit her lip.

“Everything but the Moly Plant,” Calypso said with a sigh. “We’ll find a way to get it, though. I know we will.”

They sat in silence together, thinking of how they could obtain the last ingredient of Leo’s cure. For an ADHD demigod like Leo that was always extra jittery and currently weak, it was a hard task. But finally, Leo thought of something.

“We can pray to Apollo, Demeter and my father, Hephaestus,” Leo stated. “Hephaestus for his help in convincing Apollo and Demeter and being my father, Apollo because he’s also the god of medicine/healing, and Demeter because she’s the goddess of agriculture, corn, grain, and the harvest, so she deals with plants. With luck, they’ll send us the Moly Plant.”

“That’s actually not a bad idea,” Calypso mused. “It just might work for us, considering what’s going on.”

“Let’s do it,” Leo grinned, nodding his head then lowering it back to the pillow. He was getting weaker and weaker by the minute.

Calypso clearly noticed, but Leo didn’t complain at all. He didn’t want to make her even more worried. He was one of the Seven, for gods’ sake. He could hang on a bit longer before whining about the stupid poison in his shoulder that was slowly spreading its way through his body.

“How do we do this?” Calypso asked.

“Have you not prayed to the gods before?” Leo asked.

Calypso simply shook her head and said, “Never had a reason to. After all, they’re the ones who imprisoned me here, and I’ve never needed anything from them, until now, I mean.”

“Huh,” Leo said. “Well, it’s pretty easy anyway. First we need a fire, and something to sacrifice.”

Leo went on to explain to Calypso about what exactly they needed to do, such as pray to the certain gods they needed to pray to, sacrifice an item of importance or a particularly delicious part of their meal, and so on.

Once they were ready, Leo threw a fire-ball at the fireplace so that they could have a fire to sacrifice in. Leo told Calypso to throw a juicy chicken leg into the fire that they were going to eat, and he also instructed her to throw a sprig of moonlace into the fire. With a precious plant like that one, they stood a better chance of being heard.

Then, together they prayed. They closed their eyes and spoke their own prayers to the gods, preferring to say what they wanted to say, not what the other was saying. They would just distract each other, so they spoke their prayers in their minds. Thinking their prayers to the gods, instead of speaking them.

Leo wasn’t sure how long they sat there, eyes closed, minds whirring, but Leo could tell Calypso was stiff from kneeling for so long when she finally stood up. Leo didn’t have to worry about that, anyway, he was stuck on a bed. Even if he could feel his legs, he didn’t have the strength nor willpower to do so.

When they hadn’t received a response, Leo closed his eyes again, planning to sleep and opened his arms for Calypso to climb into them. He stole her bed, so he planned on letting her join him in it, so that she didn’t have to sleep on the cots or even the floor of the cave.

Leo heard Calypso sigh, but she curled herself into his arms without question. Luckily, the bed was big enough to fit them both into it.

Leo never had high hopes for what they did. He never thought they might actually succeed with praying to the gods. But it was their best (and only) shot, so he took it.

Leo went to sleep planning to tell Calypso how much he loved her the next day, before the inevitable happened. Before he didn’t stand a chance against the fates. Before it was too late.

Before he died.

Written by Volleyballstar11 and AgelessQuest

Edited by Volleyballstar11