Chapter Two

All Rights Reserved!

If possible, please direct all comments at all three authors by saying "@Twrex10 and @AgelessQuest" when you comment. I will get a notification about the comments already, since the story is on my account. Thanks!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter Two

Rachel’s body was slumped over Chiron’s back, lifeless. “Prophecy?” Leo guessed.

Chiron nodded grimly.

“For me?” Leo added.

“Yes, child,” Chiron replied. “I am fortunate to have caught you in time.” His face looked grim, as if he was seeing Leo for the last time.

“The prophecy is troubling. I just hope you understand it better than I. I have it recorded, back in the Big House. Take a walk with me.” He stroked his beard thoughtfully as we walked, murmuring something about fire and explosions.

Great. Just what I needed, Leo thought. At least I’m somewhat fireproof.

“Of course, he should take an escort to as far as the desert but it is a quest for only him . . . ”

“Wait, Chiron, did you say for me only? Aren’t quests supposed to be for like, three people?” If Leo went alone, then he could die, and nobody would know. But Leo had to get to Calypso, no matter what.

Leo didn’t think Chiron knew Leo was listening to what he had said, as he turned around quickly, looking surprised. “I’m sorry?”

“Uh . . . Nevermind.”

“Then come, we must proceed quickly,” Chiron said as he began walking—trotting? Galloping? You know what, nevermind.—faster.

As soon as they arrived at the Big House, Chiron got right to business. He reached back and lowered Rachel’s unconscious body onto the couch, then sunk into his wheelchair used for mortal matters.

“Sit,” Chiron told Leo.

Leo sat.

Chiron reached across the ping-pong table and handed Leo a small recording device. Leo decided not to question the electronic device. Wordlessly, he pressed play. The raspy voice of the Oracle emanated from the little black box:

“The one of fire must travel far,

he will travel not by boat nor car.

The forge’s son ventures alone,

and will encounter a forgotten home.

History repeats itself with an explosion of fire,

the key of the quest, lies in the wire.

To rescue a love, from an island that is lost,

the heart must be won, for the hero has fought.

The boys’ fight will break her heart,

the tonic for his life, saved in the chart.”

Leo exhaled a long breath he didn’t realize he was holding. Chiron nodded grimly again. “‘History repeats itself in an explosion of fire.’” Chiron recited. “My only guess for that line, is Mt. St. Helens. You’ve heard of how Percy caused an explosion there, have you not?”

Leo shook his head—he had most likely been on the run from various orphanages’ at the time—in awe. It seemed as if there was nothing, Percy Jackson hadn't already done!

“I am guessing you must blow up the mountain again, a hard task for a fire user,” Chiron continued.

“Makes sense,” Leo said. That’s how Percy got there, he added to himself.

“Do you have any presumptions as to what the rest could mean?”

“Y—no,” Leo lied.

“You don’t sound sure,” Chiron noticed.

“I’m sure,” Leo said quickly. Leo had a nasty feeling about the lines of the prophecy.

“Well, you must depart immediately!” Chiron said, “the Oracle delivering a prophecy at a time like this rarely happens.”

As if on cue, Rachel stirred and slowly sat up. “Prophecy?” she guessed, looking at Chiron and Leo’s faces.

Chiron nodded while Leo said, “Yup.”

“Good luck,” Rachel said, nodding to Leo.

Leo stood as Chiron said, “Nico can transport you to Mt. St. Helens. The prophecy said no cars or boats, and I have a sense that flying is incorrect as well. You must leave the Argo Ⅱ behind.”

It pained Leo, but he knew the centaur was right. The Argo Ⅱ would have to stay. Leo grabbed his already packed bag from the floor and waited for Nico to arrive. He only had to wait a few minutes.

Chiron explained the situation in as little words as possible, and soon enough the son of Hades was grasping his arm.

Not much longer, Calypso, Leo thought as he spun into cold darkness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They tumbled to the ground in front of a bunch of rubble. “Still cleaning up Percy’s mess,” Nico muttered.

He turned to Leo and said, “Good luck.” After a bite of ambrosia, the boy left just as quickly as he appeared.

To empty air, Leo said, “Being a demigod, I doubt I’ll have luck,” but he set to work clearing the rubble away and finally created a path inside the volcano.

He started forward, but a hand on his arm stopped him. He turned to the owner and asked, astonished, taking at least a minute to form any words. “Aunt Rosa?”

Written by Volleyballstar11 and Twrex10

Edited by Volleyballstar11 and Twrex10