Humanatural; Van Helsing: Pt4

As the vampires pounced the group of Humanaturals dispersed, balancing on the fence at the edge of the pier. The pale faces filled in the space in-between them and a few jumped on the Ferris wheel to act as spectators. They all looked like they were in their late teens and early twenties with the same blood-lust filling their eyes and the same blackened clothing there were about twenty of them.

A tall thin girl with brown skin and long dreadlocks clapped her hands together. "Come now my brothers and sisters, let us not watch in splendour but drink the bloods of these fellows. Tonight is a night to feast, not to play." Her eyes turned red and her fangs sparkled in the moonlight.

A small blonde haired boy, the youngest looking of them all no more than fifteen grabbed her arm and spoke in such a way that he could have only been a Frenchman. "Monoko, see her hand." he pointed at Theresa. "Those eye's those lips. She is a Van Helsing and so is the little boy. Smell the magic flowing through their veins." He said almost in a whisper. "We can drink the humans blood" He licked his lips,"and then drain the other two Naturalisms and mature them." He smile became sickening. "But her we keep and take as our own." He said this in a way that only his fellow bloodsuckers could understand. 

Slowly the vampires drew in around the group with gorgeous grins upon their lips. 

"What's going on?" Luel asked. 

Theresa and Tommo looked at each other.

"They want to feast, not fight." Tommo said.

Judd poised his stake in the air. "What does that mean?" 

Cherish looked at them. "It means run." Her heart beat in her chest. 

"What? Why?" Judd asked.

"They haven't fed, they're storing. Their blood-lust is high." Theresa said.  "Tommo, take them and kill as many as you can, go to the church and we'll meet you there."

Tommo tried to object but Theresa shook her head and with that Tommo, Luel and Judd jumped down from the pier and ran, taking out the few vampires that followed. 

The French boy spoke again. "Leave them, it's the half blood and the kings blood we want."

With that a full on battle commenced with Cherish and Theresa taking out vampires right and centre. They span on the balls of their feet dodging the blood suckers and staking them. That was until Theresa heard the blood curdling scream of Cherish. She turned and saw her friend on the ground, covered in blood.

"No!" The French boy yelled. "We did not want her blood contaminated." 

Theresa sprinted to Cherish, taking out a handful of vampires as she did so then collapsed to the side of her friend. "What have you done?"

Monoko smirked. "Soon she will be one of us or dead, as will you." She laughed. 

"I'll take you all out on my own, mark my words." Theresa screamed.

Monoko looked at the bodies of her dead family and snarled. "No not without your warrior." 

The French boy intervened once more. "Wait." He purred. "We shall offer you a choice." He grinned. 

"I do not make deals with the devil." She said. 

"Dear girl, I am no mere devil. I am Vemoure Dracula, great grandson of the Count Dracula and I offer your friend life." He said, still purring "You drain the poison from her veins and become one of us. Come and live in Transylvania with my family as a serving girl or come to France and be one of many wives I have taken." He walked over to her, pity in his eyes. "I will do all I can to protect you." As he placed his hand on her shoulder she felt a distinct tingling. 

"You tried to kill me and my family, my people. This is my town." She spat. 

He drew closer and pressed his lips to her neck then whispered. "I tried to protect you. One with such art, such beauty should not be held prisoner and imagine what good you can do hunting our kind. I can give you freedom Theresa." His words were so alluring. "Your friend here has a destiny which outweighs both you and I. If she becomes tainted then your precious world comes falling down." 

Theresa looked up, tears in her eyes. "Why are you trying to help me?" She choked. 

He put his free hand on her other shoulder. "I can not deny what I am. I have been alive for a century but I am not heartless like these untamed half-breeds. They are nothing compared to what you may become. They are like children’s drawings but you are a masterpiece." He smiled. "Monoko is a different kind of vampire but a highly thought of mistress in the catacombs." His voice was so poetic and romantic that Theresa could not help but fall into his words. "We wish to eradicate this scum that lives on earth, they are not like the vampires you will meet if you take my offer."

Confusion filled Theresa's every breath but she could not help but listen and agree. 

"You must attack me and make it seem as though you are reluctant." He nodded. 

Theresa span around and thrust the stake towards his chest but he took her hands and threw her at Cherish. "Drink it now or you both die." 

Theresa leant in towards Cherish's jugular and drained the poison, allowing it to fill her veins.