NEVER FALL IN LOVE - CHAPTER 6 - Take A Chance

CHAPTER 6:

QUINN'S POV:

This girl is insane.

Sometimes, crazy can be a good thing.

For some reason, she's trying to scare me off. Or intimidate me. It's going to take more than a bad relationship with her father to scare me off. "Yes, it is fun." I give her a flirtatious smile, "The more I get to know you, Selena, the more I like you."

She gives me a doubtful look, "Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," I say confidently as we get off the elevator and walk through the lobby of the building.

"Hmm," she says thoughtfully, "When I was in junior high, I stabbed a boy with a plastic spork at lunchtime."

"A what?"

"A spork. You know, you use it to eat with. It's a mix between a spoon and a fork."

"Oh," I say in comprehension. "Why did you do that?"

I think she thought to shock me with the story and looks annoyed that she didn't. "Why does it matter?"

I shrug, "Just curious."

She makes an exasperated sound, "He humiliated a friend of mine on purpose."

"So he deserved it?"

She moves on to another supposed shocker, "On Friday night, I kneed a guy in the balls."

"Did he deserve it?"

"I've had at least forty boyfriends," she says smugly. Probably thinking that I'm going to think she's some sort of mega slut. I've already heard the rumor that she's a virgin. Virgin player.

I smile condescendingly, "That's nice."

She narrows her eyes at me, "I've never had sex with any of them."

I give her a wicked grin, "Well, you know what they say, "Forty-first time is the charm."

"I listen to pop music," she quickly says.

"All the time?" I ask.

She looks away, "No, I listen to all kinds of music."

"I like a couple of Lady Gaga songs," I put in.

She raises her eyebrows, "Oh, I see."

"What, exactly, do you see?"

She gives me a big smile, "We can go shopping together!"

"Why would we do that?" I ask suspiciously.

She has a little skip to her step as we walk down the street, "Oooo, and we can talk about boys!"

I give her a dirty look, "I am NOT gay."

She pats my arm, as if in understanding, "I understand if you aren't quite ready to let the world know yet. Don't worry. When we paint each others nails, we'll just do your toenails."

"I repeat, I am not gay."

She looks curious, "How old were you?"

"What are you talking about?"

She gives me an exasperated look, "How old were you when you first realized that you were gay?"

"I have always been and will always be straight. I've fucked enough girls to prove that." Crap, didn't mean to say that. Way to woo a girl, stupid-ass Quinn.

Her smile turns kind of evil, "Well, well Quinn. You may just be my type of guy after all. By the way, I think you meant that you've 'fucked and fucked over enough girls'."