NEVER FALL IN LOVE - CHAPTER 4 - Annoying boys

CHAPTER 4:

SELENA'S POV:

"Selena, can I just crash at your house? I don't want to go home like this. My parents will be pissed." Katrina asks from my passenger seat.

"You know I don't like anyone coming to my house, Katrina." I remind her.

"Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay. It's just a thing of mine. We'll get you in your house without your parents seeing you." I assure her. I park down the street from her house and put my hand over her mouth as we sneak in through the back door. All the lights are out.

We make it up the stairs with only one step creaking. We go into her room and slowly close the door behind us. Katrina falls down on the bed in a laughing fit.

"Sh!" I whisper harshly. "Do you want your parents to catch your drunkass?"

I take her shoes off her and when I look at her again, she's already asleep. Probably passed out. I don't know why people get drunk when they get dumped. Now, she'll wake up with a broken heart AND a hangover.

I make my way down the stairs, with no creaking sounds this time. I go out the back door and bump into someone outside, practically getting knocked to the ground. I brace myself by grabbing onto the door frame behind me.

"What the hell?" I hear a male voice say in the darkness. I recognize the voice as Katrina's older brother Kane. He graduated last year from our high school and has been gone in Marine boot camp. Katrina had mentioned that he'd just gotten back last week. He's only a reservist, so besides his one weekend a month, he's free to do what he likes.

"Dammit Kane! Watch where your big ass is going!" I yell at him. Kane is kind of a big dude. His favorite hobby is weightlifting and he's built.

"Selena?"

"No shit, soldier boy. Watch where you're going."

"What, me? You're the one sneaking out of the back door of MY house." He's silent for a moment then, "Selena, why are you sneaking out my back door?"

"Katrina got dumped." I offer as explanation.

"So you took her out to get drunk and had to sneak her into the house without my parents seeing her?"

"Something like that. You make us sound like delinquents."

"Juvenile delinquents," he corrects me.

"Oh okay, whatever Mr. Eighteen-year-old adult. You know, I'm turning eighteen soon and I'll be all grown up just like you. My hero." I say sarcastically.

"So, how've you been, Selena?"

"Fine."

"That doesn't tell me much. Still breaking hearts?" He asks.

"Are you?" I ask him right back.

"I've been too busy with boot camp and then MOS school." Kane graduated high school as a legend. The biggest player to come out of our high school, as the legend goes. Whatever. In two years, they'll be saying that about someone else.

Still, I always wanted to get my hands on him. Fuck with his head really good. He was definitely asking for it. Unfortunately, since he's Katrina's brother, I couldn't go near him. Would be bad for the friendship to make her brother cry.

"Anyways, it was nice bumping into you," I take out my cell phone and push a random button to turn on the screen's light. Don't want to go bumping into anything else.