Chapter 5: I Can Hear the Sirens

Just as planned, Sam sent them the coordinates that eventually led them to the town of Ackley, Wisconsin. The duo parked the Impala outside of a motel and walked in, ordering a room with two queens. The boy at the desk saw the man behind Dean and gave him a look.

"Okay sure," he handed Dean the key to the room.

 Dean rolled his eyes, before grabbing his over-night bag he usually kept in the trunk. He read the number on the side of the key "Okay, 209, that's on the second floor I believe," Dean squinted at the key, looking around for the matching door.

Finally, they came across a door that looked peculiarly different from the others, but neither gave mind to the fact and continued into the room. Dean carelessly tossed his bag onto the bag closest to the door.

"Okay, so how about we go grab some grub. I saw a diner on the way through town, big sign in the front about pies," Dean licked his lips at the thought, "Afterwards, we can head over to the morgue to question the forensic for the autopsy results."

"Yes, I'm quite hungry," Castiel grabbed his stomach, and as if on cue, it growled furiously.

Dean laughed and slapped Cas' back, "Alright, let's go."

~~~

"There were copious amounts of oxytocin left in the victim's blood stream," the coroner stated, pulling the cloth revealing the face of the most recent person involved with the case.

"So, he just killed his wife, then turned the gun on himself?" Dean poked.

"Yes, that is correct. Here are the police reports," the coroner handed them both a set of files related to the cases that seemed linked.

"Okay, thank you for your time. Call us if anything strange appears on the doorstep," Dean handed his card to the man before stepping outside of his office.

Shutting the door, he turned to Castiel.

"I think it's a siren," Dean looked towards Castiel.

Castiel looked through the files rather quickly.

"They all seemed to have oxytocin in their systems, so that's a fair start," Castiel tried to act professional, like he had been raised a hunter as Dean had.

~~~

"Go talk to her. I saw her winking at you," Dean gestured his beer in the direction of a light-haired girl sitting at the other end of the bar.

"I don't know, Dean. My 'people skils' are a little rusty.' Remember when you took me to that strip club? I made a stripper cry," Castiel reminded.

"Try not to say anything about her father this time then," Dean laughed, nudging Castiel off of his stool.

"Okay, okay. As you wish, Dean," Castiel strolled over and took the seat next to the light-haired girl.

She looked up at Cas with piercing green eyes. "Hi, and who are you?" she cooed sweetly.

"I'm Castiel, and you are?" he answered. He couldn't help but notice how much she looked like, well, Dean. That's why he was staring at her, and that's when Dean caught him and everything went downhill from there.

"Castiel, sounds angelic. I like it. My name is Daniella." She stirred her fruity little drink with a tiny vibrant pink umbrella. She took a sip then looked up at his electric blue eyes. "Do you want to get out of here?"

"Uh," Castiel looked over to Dean with wide eyes, who was cheering him on mouthing Go for it, "Okay, your dwelling?" he asked formally.

"Why yes, king Castiel," she mocked his formalness.