Chapter 2- New Dam Orleans?!

•edited•

Percy Jackson POV

New Dam Orleans?!?

Now, don't get me wrong, I wasn't being a brat about having to move to a new city, I was being a spaz about being away from Camp. What if Octavian tried to attack and hurt me and my mom because I didn't have any back up? What if he tried to strike down the Camp? There are so many possible things that could go wrong. My entire life as a demigod was easier just because I lived so close to Camp, it's going to be hard, but I'll manage. After all, I really had no choice.

"So?" My Mom asked, hopeful. I couldn't let her down, this seemed important to her -maybe I could also find out that phone call meant.

"I'm not the most excited about this, but sure, let's go to New Orleans." I said, smiling she clapped her hands and gave me a bear hug, she even went as far as to stand up on her tip toes and kiss my cheek.

"You are the best son ever! You start packing soon, my friend, Marcel wants us there in 3 days!" She exclaimed, smiling brightly. I nodded and grinned at her, telling her that I would "get right on it", I walked to my room.

Once inside, I immediately close the door and make a beeline for the bathroom. After I entered, I shut the door and locked it. Turning on the sink, I grab a drachma from one of the vanity drawers. Using my Poseidon powers, I create a rainbow and threw the coin in.

"Fleecy, do me a solid. Show me Annabeth, most likely at Camp Half-Blood, please." I stated clearly. The image shimmered for a bit, but then cleared out to Annabeth reprimanding the Stolls. No doubt about some prank they pulled.

"Annabeth!" I whisper yelled. What? If I wanted to keep my secret, then I couldn't just go yelling out my girlfriend's name when she isn't even here. I'd sound insane, or at least like one of those clingy annoying "lovestruck" boyfriends.

Annabeth whipped around to face the IM.

"Percy." She said in a semi-quiet voice. She knew how I tried to keep my regular life -mainly my mom- out of the demigod stuff, so she knew the drill when it came our IM's. Leo figured out how to make a phone by studying the wiring of a broken one, but those were just regular old phones meant to be used for just an emergency. Monsters still could detect us if we used them, so we keep that part to a minimum.

"Is something wrong?"She asked. So I told her what I heard in the kitchen and then I told her about my trip.

"Percy," she said seriously. "Be careful, I may love your mom, but this doesn't sound right." I snorted at this, just when can something sound right?

"Don't worry Wise Girl, I will come in one piece, promise." I told her.

"That's good," she said whilst smiling softly. "I got to go Percy, make sure you pack everything you need for the trip." I nodded and we exchanged our good byes. Then I cut the connection by dragging my hand through the mist. Finally, I made my way out of the bathroom.

Waking over to my closet, I pulled out two blue duffle bags. In the first, I stuff with extra drachmas, ambrosia and nectar and a few extra throwing daggers because you never know when you might need them. I also threw in my leather armour, but I left out he helmet. It was too big and bulky and made lots of noise when it was moved. Then I threw a few shirts on top of it, to hide all the magical objects. In the second, I just packed all the things I would need to bring if I was normal. Clothes, hygiene products, shoes and my phone- with the charger and earphones Leo gave me because "what teenage boy doesn't own earphones and a charger when he owns a phone?"

I zipped up both bags and threw them near the door of my bedroom just as my Mom poked her head in.

"Hey kiddo. That's great that you're packed! You wanna go and have some dinner?" She asked me.

"Is coke blue?" I joked. She smiled and turned around, making her way back to the kitchen. I followed and soon we were having a great son and mother meal together.

"HURRY UP PERCY!" My mom yelled from down the hall

"HURRY UP PERCY!" My mom yelled from down the hall. I quickly threw on a t-shirt and my running shoes. Grabbing my duffel bags, I raced out the door, down the hall and past my mom.

"LOOK WHO NEEDS TO CATCH UP NOW!" I yelled over my shoulder. I know that, that may sound snobby and bratty, but I could hear her laughing in the distance as I ran.

When I finally was downstairs and outside in our apartment's parking lot, I made my way over to my mom's car. She had a little bit of left over money from that statue deal she did when I was twelve and used it to fix up Smelly Gabe's old car. It was in really good shape now and we even repainted it from red to blue.

But of course, I didn't have the keys so I had to wait for my mom to get downstairs. Once she was, I took her bags as well as my own and placed them in the newly opened trunk. Closing the trunk, I said,

"Beep, beep." Like the roadrunner and ran to the shotgun seat of the car. Placing on my seatbelt, I adjusted my body so that it was comfortable. Once my mom stepped into the driver's seat and put the key into ignition, the car roared to life. She looked over at me and smiled. I grinned in response.

"Well, nothing is holding us back now. New Orleans, here we come!"