Chapter One- A Faithful Phone Call

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has been voting and commenting on my other stories these past two months. You are all so AWESOME, I can't think you enough. ❤️
shyann_a13Hobbes00RandomizeTheBabyfirestarbubblesDa_Bajan_Bacca_MageSlytherins_HeirJapaAkemiMaria7473LilydaughterofHecateNightNightWingHybridvivilife342Emmas4282seaweedbrainwisegurlKittyCatGamer98, waterdragon210anushka1718PuppyCake47STTCarrothoudini2015CassiopeiaFieryFandomDragoncielbae1mi-rndMerOdieDaughterofPoseidonPJ

edited•

Narration

A loud screeching noise brought Percy's head up from his practice homework. He'd been at it for a few hours now, his dyslexia and ADHD had been slowing him down a bit. But if he wanted to go to college in New Rome like he promised Annabeth, he needs to keep his grades up when school started in the fall. So of course, Annabeth's idea was to make him practice until his brain bled. Or at least, that was his opinion.

Looking around the room, Percy noticed that it was the old wall phone ringing. Apparently the last time it rung, Percy and been only a baby. And when it had started ringing, he'd started to wail like a banshee. So they often avoided using it when he was young and as he got older, they all got new phones so no one ever saw the need. He contemplated answering it, when an idea came to his mind. Which was quite rare.

Smirking, he stood up and walked over the phone. Picking it up, in a fake perky secretary-like voice, he said,

"Jackson residence, how may I connect your call?" Even though the person on the other side couldn't see it, he had started curling the wire around his finger for effect.

On the other side of the phone, a good distance away, Marcel Gerard stood baffled. Did Sally get some sort of secretary since he last saw her? Because, if his memory serves him -and it does- last time Sally barley managed to work minimum wage to pay for her and her unborn son. So how would she be able to afford a secretary's salary? Still, he pressed on and asked his question.

"Is Sally Jackson there? I need to speak with her immediately. If she asks, just tell her it's her old friend, Marcel Gerard."

Back in the Jackson home, it was Percy's turn to be baffled. He'd faintly remembered a mention of someone named Marcel and how the two families had been friends for a while. But that was it.

He muttered a quick, "One sec," into the phone then proceeded to press it against his shoulder, blocking out future sound. But, since Marcel was a vampire, he heard Percy's yell anyways and proceeded to snort afterwards.

"MOOOOOOOMMMMMM! SOMEONE ON THE PHONE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU! HE SAID HIS NAME IS MARCEL GERARD!"

Listening for noise, Percy jumped when he heard a crash in the kitchen.

"Mom, are you okay?" He called.

Seconds later, Sally emerged from the kitchen. Wiping her hands on the apron she had been wearing, she walked towards him.

"I'm fine Percy," Sally replied. "Could you go watch the oven until I get back? I wouldn't want those blue cookies to get burned!"

Percy mock saluted and marched into the kitchen, closing the door behind him. He took a glance at the oven and saw no smoke, so he turned back the task at hand. Grabbing a glass, he held it up to the kitchen door and strained his ears. He knew it wrong to listen in, but he got a bad vibe from the man on the phone. He didn't trust him. But try as he might, Percy didn't get much useful information. All he heard were tidbits and scraps of sentences, enough to create a very rough outline, but not enough for a picture.

Leaning closer to the wall, Percy heard more of the conversation. (Bold for Marcel, regular for Sally)

"...I could really use your help with..."

"...and I'm aware of that, but...."

"....Please...."

".....I wanted Percy to have a normal life-"

Percy's head jerked away from door when he heard that. Normal life? Those were the 2 words you could never use to describe his life. Not to mention, she has no idea that he's a demigod, so what is not considered normal to her? Was she some famous pop-star who disappeared and this Marcel guy wants her to make a comeback? Percy wished that it would be that easy, but with his luck, it wouldn't be.

Turning back to oven, he watched the cookies until his mom came back into the kitchen. He already made up his mind to not question her about what he heard, but made a mental note to call Annabeth and tell her later.

He was jarred out of his thoughts when he heard a metal clanging sound. Looking over at his mother, he saw that the cookies were done and that she had set them on top the oven-stove setup to cool.

Knowing that he was no longer needed to help, Percy made himself comfortable by sitting on the counter top. Out of the corner of her eye, Sally saw this and smiled. When they go to New Orleans, she'll be so busy helping Marcel and the Originals that she'll probably only see her son a few times a day. But that was the downfall of being a Jackson witch.

Since the mother and son duo were set to leave in three days time, Sally mentally gave herself a pep-talk and turned to her son.

"Percy," She said in a motherly tone. He looked up. 

"Yeah mom," He asked. "What is it? Does it have something to do with that phone call you just had?" His Sea Green eyes shone with curiosity, it reminded her boyfriend Poseidon, who was the boy's father, though Percy didn't know that. (AN: In the original book series, Percy does get claimed by his father at Camp, but learns of all through his mother. So when Percy went to Camp some other way that wasn't through his mother, his mom just assumed Percy was clueless, which he pretends to be.)

"Yes actually," She answered. "This does have something to do with that phone call. I now this is very sudden, but how would you feel about us moving to New Orleans?"

 I now this is very sudden, but how would you feel about us moving to New Orleans?"

OKAY! SO I LOVE WRITING THIS STORY SO FAR, IT IS SO FUN. BUT A LITTLE NOTE, SOME EVENTS WILL PROBABLY BE CHANGED (SHOW WISE), BECAUSE THERE ARE A LOT OF DIFFERENT WAYS SOME OF THE SITUATIONS COULD PLAY OUT WITH TWO NEW CHARACTERS.

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS STORY! BYE