Chapter 15

Louis is amazed at how easy it is to avoid someone if you try hard enough. It's March thirty first, and he's spent the entire month ignoring Harry to the best of his ability. It went better than he had originally thought it would. Not that he wanted to avoid Harry, it was just something that happened and he decided it'd be best if he were to just go along with it. 

He had stopped meeting Harry in the student parking lot for lunch, seeing as when he had gone after Valentine's Day, Nick would be with them and Louis would be completely shut out of whatever conversation was going on between the two. As well as Nick purposely making Louis feel younger than he actually was, treating him like and three year old that still didn't understand the concept of holding a regular conversation. He has to admit, he now realizes why Eleanor stopped going to lunch with them, but at least Harry never made her feel like an idiot. 

Avoiding Harry in the hallway was easy as well, seeing as there were always loads of students and Louis barely ever saw him in the hallways anyways. There were the few times Louis would see him at Nick's locker, but Harry never noticed him so he was all in the clear.

Choir class was the hardest, but it helped that Harry seemed to be ignoring Louis as well, making it a pretty silent class period. Louis ended up sneaking into the middle row with Niall, just so he'd have someone to talk to during class. He's even started skipping every once in a while, just to feel less uncomfortable in class. Niall would refuse to go with him, saying that Louis was going to get him expelled at some point in high school.

Him and Harry had done a complete u-turn on their friendship. They had been doing so well, then it all just goes away just because Harry's to loved up to even realize that Louis's still alive. It's as if they've backtracked to when Louis was still in middle school and Harry was a Sophomore. He thought they had crossed that bridge when him and Harry had started hanging out, but apparently that went out the window.

“You two are the most stubborn people I've ever seen.” Eleanor comments as she waits for Louis to grab his notebooks. “I mean, both of you have got boyfriends to make the other jealous. You've even written songs for each other, this is practically High School Musical four. Can you two get together yet?” 

Louis scoffs, shutting his locker closed. “Did you not see how in love he seemed with Nick today? He's started eating with him at lunch. He doesn't even acknowledge me anymore.” He sighs, beginning to walk through the crowd and towards the student parking lot where Danielle was waiting for him and El. Eleanor followed next to him, wrapping her arm around his shoulders.

He had told her what happened at the Valentine's Day solo night, and how he refused to ever do another one that school year. From what he's heard, Harry's been skipping them as well, probably to busy with Nick to even remember the solo nights, honestly.

He wasn't even sure why he was jealous. He was in a great relationship with Troye and that's all that mattered. He had chosen Troye, and well, he shouldn't have any second thoughts on it. This was entirely his decision. He wasn't allowed to have regrets, right?

“To make you jealous. Danielle thinks I'm right, so does Niall. I think Troye is insecure of it, too.” She tells him. She always had this “I'm obviously right” tone to her voice, and Louis wasn't sure if he should be envious or irritated. He was going to go with both. “What can I tell you to make you realize it?” Louis's amazed at how determined Eleanor is to rpove that Harry's somehow in ove with him (which he's definitely not, Louis's sue of it). IT's flattering yet annoying that Eleanor thinks so highly of him but so low of Harry's standards.

Louis pushed the school doors open, rolling his eyes. “How about-is that Nick?” He asks, furrowing his eyebrows and pointing at two guys leaning against a car, making out. It was definitely Nick, Louis could recognize the obnoxious hair anywhere, but the other guy was definitely not Harry.