Chapter 8

Monday rolled around once again and Louis couldn't stop shaking. The monthly solo night was today and it was the only thing on his mind. Well that and Harry.

The senior had promised that him and Liam would help him out after school, but Louis could still feel his stomach doing cartwheels.

Literally every negative thought about tonight was running through his mind. He could forget the lyrics, or fall on stage, or maybe even freeze up in front of everyone. Why had he even signed up for this in the first place?

He tapped his foot rapidly, biting his lip and staring up at the clock intensely. Science had been going on for much too long and he was dreading every minute he had to spend with Mr. Anderson. The bloke was such a shit teacher.

Finally the bell rang, and Louis practically sprinted out of the classroom. Choir was being held in the auditorium today and that was all the way on the other side of the school. According to the teacher, Mrs. Summers, the solo night kids needed to proactive in a proper setting.

He hurried, not wanting to be late. If he didn't make it on time, he'd have to follow up all the other performers and he was certain that he couldn't too anyone in class.

Arriving in the auditorium, he found that there was still a few more minutes left until class actually began. He let out a sigh if relief, pushing the doors open and entering.

Harry and Liam were on stage, setting everything for their performance. Louis had somewhat of an idea of the song they were doing, he had over heard Liam talking about an 'upbeat' song Harry had written. Lucky for him, being in choir gave him a sneak peak of the song.

"Where's Louis and Niall?" Mrs. Summers cheery voice rang through the air, too chipper for a Monday.

Louis raised his eyes, as did Niall who was in a corner tuning his guitar. Both boys made their way over to her. She smiled brightly, glancing at the two of them and then down at her papers.

"Tonight, both of you will be second to last. Right before Mr. Payne and Mr. Styles. Alright?" She informed, walking off without waiting for a response.

Louis' emotions were a mix of relief, fear, and anxiety. He wasn't last, thankfully, but his song was a ballad. He couldn't sing a ballad before Louis and Harry sang a dance tune. That just didn't make any sense.

"Niall, what other songs can you play? Up beat ones." Louis paced nervously, ignoring the 'start of class' bell.

"Uh, that other song you have written? I asked Greg to help me figure out the chords, and those guys from guitar helped me figure stuff out for other instruments. Why?" Niall explained, puzzled as to why Louis wanted to know.

"Great, because we need something to match Liam and Harry's song." Louis whispered, not wanting anyone else to hear them.

Niall shook his head. "It'll be too slow with just my guitar." He stayed in thought for a minute. "But I might have a solution. We can do it acoustically now, just meet me outside the band room after school, okay?"

Louis stared at him warily, but went along with it and sat with the rest of the class as performances began.

•••

Rehearsal went absolutely fine, yet Louis was still jittering in all of his classes. He couldn't even stop fidgeting when he went to lunch with Harry. He had no clue what Niall had up his sleeve, and that bothered him to no extent. Niall never kept anything from him, it was always the other way around.

There were plenty of things he didn't tell Niall, but that was just because he was that type of persons. He didn't want people to know every detail about him. Niall, on the other hand, was an open book. Louis was just a locked journal that's key had been lost.