Chapter 2

So this story will always be one chapter behind than on tumblr...just so I can update when I'm supposed to:)

-

An entire week of freshman year had passed, but the only thing Louis had focused on was Harry and choir.

He had become well known in his choir group. Most of the kids liked his voice, then there were Liam's friends. They only sat and laughed, pretending to be bored whenever Louis sang something or asked a question.

Liam would turn and glare at them sometimes, and he's pretty sure Harry had said something to them a few times.

But he just ignored them and focused on the great part, which was Harry. Everyday that week, Louis had been taken off campus for lunch by Harry. Neither if them had any friends in that lunch, so they just hung out with each other.

Louis trudged downstairs. He was actually up on time. Too bad it was Saturday. First weekend of the school year and he's at the kitchen table with a bowl of frosted flakes. And on top of that, his mum wasn't home, Liam was asleep, and he couldn't reach where the packets of tea were.

He got up from the table and made his way to his older brother's room. Liam was going to kill him, but it was a price he was willing to pay for a cuppa.

Louis softly knocked on Liam's room door, slightly afraid. When he didn't get a response, he knocked a bit louder. It resulted in a muffled yell from Liam and Louis walking back to the kitchen, disappointed.

He decided he could go one morning without it.

Quickly, he finished his cereal, taking advantage of the fact that Liam hadn't gotten a hold of the telly yet. Every day, Liam would somehow beat Louis to the TV, leaving Louis stuck watching whatever Liam was watching.

He set the channel on BBC ONE, watching a rerun of Doctor Who.

It wasn't until the best part of the episode that someone decided they wanted to knock on the front door. Louis groaned, forcing himself up and walking to the door.

Opening it, he saw a mop of messy brown curls and green eyes. He smiled. This wasn't much of a bad interruption of his favorite show.

"Hey Lou, is Liam here?" Harry questioned, peering around the shorter lad to see if his mate were around the corner.

Louis shrugged, moving aside so the older lad could come in. "In his room, sleeping. He's grouchy."

Harry snickered. He walked to the couch and sat down. "Doctor Who? Didn't see you as the nerd type." Louis followed him after shutting the door, taking a seat and sticking his tongue out.

"Whatever. What do you want?" Louis asked nonchalantly, as if he were paying attention to the TV more than he was Harry.

"Liam and I have a recording session in a bit, but his lazy bum won't get up. And if I wake him up now, there's no way in hell we're recording." Harry complained. If Liam were woken up, he'd be pissed the entire day.

"I'll probably have to record one by myself today." He stood up, preparing to walk out to his car. Louis bit his lips, standing up.

He hesitated, then spoke up. "Can I go? I mean, it's fine if I can't, I've just always wanted to see a studio." He babbled, unaware of Harry, who was grinning at the shorter boy.

"It's fine, Louis. C'mon."

···

"I'll keep my eyes, wide, open, yeah"

Don't let me, don't let me, don't let me. Louis silently mouthed along. Harry had performed this song in front of choir the day people were rehearsing for the monthly solo nights. It wasn't like he had recorded it and learned it. No, that would be ridiculous.