Chapter 3

"Oh. Um. Sorry?" I offered. Rosemary came up to the door and noticed Andrew.

"Oh, I was just leaving." She said as she slid out the door between Andrew and I and waved at me while heading down the stairs.

"Come on." He said, holing out his hand.

"Um, okay." I put my hand in his palm and let him lead me to his dorm. He had a huge screen set up and a massive bowl of popcorn on the couch. "Whoa." I said, stunned.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"Of course! How long did this take you to set up?" I asked in awe.

"Eh just a couple hours, how long did it take for you to pick out that dress?" he asked with a smirk.

"A couple hours." I scowled.

"It looks great on you," he complimented, "You can go get some popcorn. I need to set up the movie."

"Okay." I said. I sat down on the couch and took a handful of popcorn. He came back a second later and pressed a few buttons on the remote causing the screen to black out and appear back on with a title in white, Romeo and Juliet. How did he know that this was my favorite play? We sat thought the tragedy, watching a movie that we had seen, evaluated, read, and reread a thousand times before. But this time it was different. Something about it was different. I rested my head on Andrew's shoulder and thought about it. He put his arms around my shoulder which made my heart flutter. He wasn't really helping my thinking process but I didn't care.

When the screen faded to black I tilted my head up and aimed my watery eyes at Andrew's face. He looked back at me. I stared deep into his dark green eyes, trying to absorb every part of his soul, trying to remember and never forget every detail of this moment. He slid his hand down my cheek and pressed his lips against mine. I closed my eyes and ran my hand through his hair. Finally he had to pull away. I searched his face for some emotion but it was expressionless.

The he broke out into a smile and checked his watch, "It's 11:30; you should be getting home."

"Okay." I sighed and got up. He led me to the door and ushered me out. "See you tomorrow?" he asked.

"You bet." I replied with a soft smile. I opened the door to my own dorm and found Rosemary leaning into the wall with her hand cupped around her ear. "What are you doing?!" I demanded.

"Well, you didn't really think I was going to leave, did you. I took the advantage of the unlocked door and let myself in. Now tell me, there was an extended period of silence after the movie. What was that about?" she asked. I tried to keep my face straight but a smile slipped in. "He kissed you! Didn't he?"

"That's not important." I laughed.

"Yeah, it is. Now tell me, how was it?" she pestered me with an arrangement of questions. Usually I tried to answer them but then she would cut me off with another. Finally she decided on one. "Did he ask you to the fall dance?" She threw out with crazed eyes.

"Um...no." I answered, "Should I be concerned?"

"Yes! Its two weeks away! We need about three weeks to plan your outfit!" she exclaimed.

"Calm down. If you don't be quiet he's going to hear you." I said gesturing to the wall.

"It's king of the point." She called out aiming at the thin divider.

"I get it." Andrew's muffled voice replied. I his Rosemary on the arm and pointed to the door.

"Out." I commanded.

"Your might hate me now, but you'll thank me later." She called out while going down the stairs. I slammed my door and laughed.

"So you heard that?" I said to the wall nervously.

"Of course." He replied back.

"Wow. This is so weird." I yelled.

"We're the definition of weird."

"I guess so. Good night." I said.

"Good night." He called back. I laughed and placed my head down on my pillow drifting into a night of sweet dreams.