The Cold Is Deadly

Kanna lies on one of Laws operation tables waiting for him to operate on her. He had her take off her jacket, leaving her in her white tube top.  The lack of clothing only made her even more cold. Law wanted to see if he could cure cure. He knew there had to be a way to stop her organs from freezing or at least delay the process enough to figure it out.

Law slipped one his rubber gloves and turned to her. Kanna was nervous as hell. Yeah she trusts her captain but the look on his face made her have second thoughts. He had a sadistic look on his face and it was unsettling. He held up a syringe and intches the needle close to her and his smirk turned into a menacing grin as he injected the liquid into her arm. Ka na  looked over to Shachi who gave her a reassuring smile.

"Now let the operation begin," Law said with that creepy grin on his face.

Law waited for his patient to pass out completely before he began the operation. He would have loved to have her awake during the procedure but she was apart of his crew and didn't want to do that to her. He imagined the look she would have given him as he took out her organs. Law wouldn't deny his sadistic nature but he did well to hide it. The only ones who knew were the crew mates who helped him with his operations, such as Penguin and Shachi.

"Room." Law called.

He activated his powers and picked up one of his scalpels, examined it, and sliced open the fleth of her belly. He felt the adrenaline rush he loved as he opened her up and revealing her organs to him. They had ice crystals already forming on them. Law narrows his eyes, it was worse then he had thought.  If he didn't find a way to stop it she would surely die. He grabbed the forceps and pulled one of the crystals out to see what would happen. After he did only more formed in its place. It was no use and Law became frustrated. He couldn't do anything. He ate the Ope-Ope Fruit, he could cure anything......anything except this.

"Damn it!" Law curses.

"Is it bad, Captain?" Shachi asked.

Law had forgotten he was in the room with him. Law sighs and looks at Shachi who understood and left the room. Law put her stomach back together as if he never cut her open to begin with. He then yanked off his gloves and threw then into a near by trashcan. He failed and he hated it. He couldn't help his subordinate but that didn't mean he was going to give up. He wasn't about to let Kanna die like this.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Kanna woke up a little drowsy from what ever Law had injected her with and looked at her surroundings.  She was back in his room for some reason. She wondered why Law didn't just put her in her room.  Kanna looked over and saw Law sitting at his desk. His back was to her but he looked as if he was pulling at his hair.

"C-capain." She managed to call out to him.

He jumped slightly and turned to look at her, "Your awake."

He had bags under his eyes....more then usual.  He also looked worried and Kanna knew he had bad news for her. He walked over to her and placed his hand on her forehead and his facial expression changed. It went from stern to soft.

"Your still freezing." He states.

"Tell me how bad it is."

He sighs, taking his hat off, and runs his hand through his hair. Kanna could tell he was reluctant to tell her.

"It was no use. I can't do anything until I know more," he spoke softly, "If I don't figure it out you.....you will die."

Kanna already knew the answer. The look on his face said it all.  She didn't want to die. She was afraid to die, not because she didn't know what was waiting for her on the other side, but because she would die not knowing the truth of her fathers death. Sje won't be able to avenge him. Thinking about it made her want to cry but she didn't.  She wasn't going to cry in front of him, not in front of Law.  Law sat back at his desk.  They sat in silence.

"I'm sorry," Law finally spoke, finally breaking the silence, but it was so soft she almost missed it.

"Law?" Kanna said waiting for him to look at him.

He turned slowly to look at her a bit surprised that she called him by his name. Kanna took a deep breath.

"Can I ask something of you?" She asked.

He turns his chair completely around to give her all his attention. It sounded pretty important.  It was hard for her to ask this if him. It wasn't fair to him.

"If I die could you......" she stopped.

Kanna felt bad for asking this of him. It wasn't his fault that she's going to die, its her fault. She's weak and she hated it. Kanna felt tears threaten to fall.

'I hate it.'

'I hate myself for being weak'

Kanna took another shaky breath and sat up looking Law straight in the eye. He waited patiently for her to say her request.

"Could you find out who killed my father and.... and kill thean who did it?" Kanna asked looking away from him and down at her trembling fists.

She felt ashamed for asking him to do such a thing.

Law didn't say anything. Kanna could feel him staring at her. A tear fell down her cheek and turned head more to,now looking at the wall, to hide the tear that had fallen.

"My father was murdered. He didn't deserve to die!" Her voice got louder without her meaning to as more tears started falling down her face.

All the emotions she kept hidden deep down came pouring out. She couldn't hold them back anymore.

Law watched her silently cry on his bed.  Somthing in Law snapped and got out of his chair.  Kanna watched as he stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him. '

"Was he angery with me?" she silently asked.

She rolled into a ball on the bed and cried harder. It was all she could do. The pain was almost unbearable and she could feel her organs freezing.  She was going to freeze to death from the inside out.