Traflogger

Kanna sat in the living room floor waiting for her father to call. She held the little Den Den Mushi in her hand but it didn't ring.  Today was her birthday, she was turning 12, and she knew he would call but the longer she waited the more anxious she became.  Father told her that he would be able to talk more since he was taking care of a little boy and didn't have to hide his identity from him. 

"Don't worry honey he'll call," Kannas mother smiled down at her, "He wouldn't forget your birthday."

"I know mother....but I have a bad feeling somethings wrong."

-Knock, Knock.-

Kannas mother walked to the door and opened it.  Two soldiers stood in the door way and Kanna began to panic. 

"Your husband, Donquixote Rosinante, has been killed." One of the soldiers said.

Kannas mother fell to her knees crying with her hand cupped over her mouth.  Kanna didn't move, she couldn't move.  Her father's dead, he's gone.  Kanna couldn't process the fact that he's deadHow? When? Why?

"We're terribly sorry for your loss," the soldier placed a comforting hand on Kannas mothers shoulder. 

"How did he die?" Kanna finally spoke, surprising the soldiers. 

"We can't give out that information." the other soldier answered. 

Weeks after the news of Kannas fathers death her mother went into severe depression and just stayed in bed.  Kanna took up the house hold duties such at cooking and cleaning. Her mother never moved from her spot on the bed.  She just looked up at the ceiling. The loss of  her husband hit her hard and Kanna couldn't take it anymore.  Kanna went to her mothers room, for once, and she wasn't in her bed.  Kanna looked around the room and spotted her mother beside the closet door holding something to her head. 

"Mother please!" Kanna pleaded with her. 

She held the gun to her head with an unfitting and almost crazy looking smile. Kanna ran towards her mother and grabbed her arm to make her stop but Kanna was to weak.

"Mother don't!" Kanna pleaded one more,  tears streaming down her face. 

-Bang!-

Kanna froze as her mothers blood splattered across her face. 

-Thud.-

Her mothers body fell to the ground and Kanna dropped to her knees, "mother," she whispered and let out a chilling scream.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Kanna jolted awake breathing heavily and she sat up running her hand through her hair. 

"Haven't had that dream in a long time," she whispered, "Why am I having it now?"

She took a deep breath and stood up stumbling a bit in the process.  She reached for her overalls and slipped it on, tying the arms around around her waiste, and left the room.  Kanna was still shanking slightly because of the vivid dream as she approached Laws room and knocked three times. She was secretly hoping he wasn't in there.