Date/Leavin {10}

One week later

I was sitting in my house. The bathroom had seen better days. Mitch's girlfriend, Natalie, was over. She was always so cool.

She was like this big sister I never had.

I was sitting on the toilet while she messed with my hair.

"Natalie please, you are pulling my hair. Soon I won't have any left and it will be your entire fault."

She just chuckled. Natalie was a quiet person most of the time. She could do wonders with hair and make-up though, the girl had a gift.

I could hear footsteps coming closer to the bathroom. The door creaked open and standing in the door way was Mitch.

He was grinning at me.

"Oh stop smiling Mitchy. She's your girlfriend so you can get every bit as much of the torture that I have in mind for her. Trust me you will be begging for me to stop."

His smile turned into a smirk. I just huffed and rolled my eyes.

My mind began to wonder about what Jesse was up to right now. The boy was probably going nuts about what to wear.

He wanted this night to be special in so many ways. I was the luckiest girl on the planet to have a guy like him.

One that cared about what we did, who wanted to make sure I was having as much fun or more fun than he was.

He only seemed to care about my feelings and not his own. This meant I was constantly worrying about him and his feelings. I remember the day he asked me on this date.

The sky was so blue. The wind was cool and blowing calmly. I was breathing in the good day.

Jesse and I were sitting in a swing on his porch. I had my head resting on his shoulder while reading my book. I was at peace with the world.

Jesse was holding one of my hands and softly rubbing his thumb across my knuckles. His mind seemed far away though and I couldn't quite figure out why.

My thoughts didn't linger there for long. I peeked from my book toward his eyes. His eyes were starring right me.

His eyes were piercing mine, as if seeing to my very soul. I couldn't quite grasp the love inside them.

"Robin," he began.

I blinked out of the trance his eyes held me in.

"Yes, Jesse?"

He smiled but it was nervous. It still amazed me how he got so nervous around me still. I couldn't understand it. I guess I could in a way.

I got nervous around him, which is the reason why I never spoke my feelings earlier in our friendship.

We were always so close and so outspoken with each other but now that had changed. We got nervous around each other.

I never thought it was a bad thing though. I liked the butterflies I got in my stomach just thinking about him.

"Well I wanted to know..." he trailed off.

I rubbed my fingers over the top of his hand encouragingly. His lips curved into a smile and he brought my hand to his lips. His lips felt so soft on my skin.

He pressed a small kiss on the top of my hand. Then his eyes stared at my own. He looked confident now, more than I had ever seen him.

I figured it was because of the chill bumps I got when he kissed my hand.