1

Cassie awoke to the sound of her alarm blaring. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up, rubbing her eyes with her hands. As she leant over to the bedside table, she turned the switch on her alarm clock, to stop the racket ringing through her ears.

Leaning back against the headboard of her bed, Cassie grabbed for her phone. She noticed a message notification blink on the screen, the message was from her work colleague Lily, the message read:

Morning! After work today, you fancy joining Liam and I at the pub across from the surgery? Need to find you a man! :) xx

Cassie smiled to herself. Liam and Lily had been dating for a few months and were constantly wanting to find Cassie a boyfriend so that they were able to double date. Although, Cassie hadn't had much luck when it came to dating...she was either too shy or he was too weird for them to even get through the first date sometimes. That being said, Cassie was always up for another try.

Cassie held her phone in between her hands as her thumbs waved in circles before she began to type a reply.

Sounds great! But if one guy even looks at me weirdly, I'm going home! :P xx

She put down her phone and went to get ready for work. Cassie worked as a receptionist for a nearby doctor's surgery, whereby Lily and Liam were both nurses. It wasn't a fun job but at least she was making a good amount of money.

**

After a long day at work, Cassie packed up her bag and was ready and waiting for Lily to meet her in reception. As she waited, she grew nervous about the possible outcome of tonight. Would she finally meet a genuine guy? Or would it end terribly like the previous 30 times.

Around ten minutes later, Cassie was greeted by Lily and Liam, who were finally ready to go across the road to the pub. Thankfully, Cassie had remembered to bring a spare change of clothes, as did Lily and Liam, so that they didn't feel too overdressed for tonight.

As Liam pushed the entrance door open, whilst holding it for Lily and Cassie to walk through, he noticed a guy stood behind the bar. He had an inkling that he recognised this man but was unable to piece the puzzle together.   The man had jet black hair gelled back, with green emerald coloured eyes. He wore rounded glasses, which stood on the bridge of his nose. Additionally, he had a short beard with a mixture or dark brown and black colours, swirling together, to form an array of patterns. His name tag read 'Sal'.

The trio found a table in the corner of the room and sat down. Liam went up to order some drinks to start off their evening. After a while he came back with three drinks in his hands and an ecstatic look upon his face.

"What's up with you?" Cassie asked, as she looked up at Liam.

"When I was ordering the first round of drinks, the other guy behind the bar kept looking at you Cassie. He did so until he had to serve another customer. Although, when he did, he began to sink down behind the bar, as if he was on an elevator...weird, but it was pretty funny. I think his name tag said Sal." Liam went on to explain. Cassie peered across to the man that Liam was talking about. He's kinda cute she thought to herself as she took a sip from her drink.

"You should go over to him hun, I think he likes you!" Lily squealed as she turned to face Cassie.

"I don't know Lil, he'll probably see my face close up and be disgusted. I'm not beautiful and I'm fat so why would he even be interested in me?" Cassie spoke, with an emotional tone to her voice.

"Oh don't be ridiculous Cas! He won't stop looking at you! Besides, you ARE beautiful and you AREN'T fat!" she said, stroking Cassie's arm to comfort her. Cassie nodded. She put on a brave face and walked over to him, sitting down at a stool near Sal's end of the bar.

After a couple of minutes, he walked over to her,

"Hello" he spoke as he reached down for a glass to pour Cassie a drink.

"Hi" she spoke, as she struggled to answer him, getting caught up with his bright eyes staring into hers.

"What can I get you?" he asked.

"Oh, er, just a white wine please." Cassie replied, looking down self-consciously, unaware of a sudden face pulled by Sal. A face of which showed a slight cringe.

"You know er..." he began "...guys I can't say that to her..." he subtly whispered, as though someone had told him to do something. "In...um...in America, you know, we er...we tip." He stuttered, with a look of guilt upon his face. Cassie giggled, as she reached into her purse to offer him a tip.

As she went to leave the bar, she felt a hand grab her arm. Cassie turned around to see that it was Sal.

"Wait, I need to talk to you." He said, gazing into Cassie's swirl of blue and green coloured eyes.