IN LOVE WITH MY EX-BEST FRIEND

This is my first story. Tell me what you think? I've never written a story before. So i hope you guys like it

IN LOVE WITH MY EX-BEST FRIEND

***********

Chapter 1

I can't believe him. I can't believe we use to be best friends. We use to share secrets. I was there for him and he was there for me. When his mom left and his dad died, he cried all night long on my shoulder. When he had to move in with his grandparents i helped him pack. We were inseparable. Nothing could split us apart i thought but then exerything changed.

I use to think one day we would get married. We would grow old together. We were meant for each other. We didn't need anyone else but each other. I knew he always thought of me as alittle sister but i didn't care. I loved him. As long as we were friends i could pretend like I only loved him like a brother. I loved him more then that. As long as we were never apart I would be happy and keep quiet about my crush on him. He would never have to know.

He made me a promise we would always be there for each other. I would be there for him as he would always be there for me. He promised he would never hurt me. I guess his promises didn't mean anything. He crushed my heart like it was nothing to him. He forgot about me. He had new friends. Friends who didn't care about him before when he had braces and bad acne. Who made fun of him because he was skinny and wore clothes that have been out of fashion. I still loved and cared for him.

Then one summer he went on vacation and he came back a new person. New clothes, no acne, his braces no more, and muscles that would make the captain of the football team jealous. Then high school started and apparently i wasn't good enough to be his friend.

"Whatcha ya looking at?" Gillian whispered in my ear right behind me and made me jump. We were standing at my locker. I was to busy staring at my ex-best friend and didn't even notice she was right behind me.

"Nothing." I mumbled as i put away my World History book and grabbed my english book. I started walking to english knowing Gillian would follow right next to me.

"Phoenix, you can't lie to me.....I saw you staring at him again."

"No I wasn't." I told her but knowing her she saw right through me.

"It's our senior year lets be happy. The past is the past. Lets look at the present and the future. Were going off to college next year and will never have to see him or this town again. Well except for when we visit our families. Plus there are plenty of other guys out there and your hot so you'll have no problem getting a guy."

This was Gillian for you. I've know her since second grade when she moved here but we were never close until freshman year when 'he' ditched me for his other friends. She had the most beautiful curly red hair and pretty green eyes. She was beautiful. I on the other hand had brown hair which i hated because it was to long but Gillian wouldn't let me cut it because she though it was really pretty long. My only good features were my baby blue eyes and my curves. I wasn't to big but i wasn't to skinny. Just average.

We were almost to our english class when someone bumped into me and i dropped my book and fell to the ground on my butt.

"Woops....I'm so sorry." Of course it was 'him'. He didn't mean it at all when he said sorry and the he walked away with out helping me up. His friends were all laughing while watching me get back up he turned arond smirking and high fived Alex. Alex was captain of the football team and had platinum blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Want me to go beat him up?" Gillain asked as she helped me off the floor and pick up my book to hand back to me. I just shook my head no.

I looked up at him down the hallway and I looked right into his gorgeous hazel eyes.

FLASHBACK

"Jake im to scared." My nine year old self said.

"Don't be. Im here just look into my eyes and don't look down. Okay?"

"Okay, just don't let go of my hands! We have to get back home soon." We had taken our bikes all the way to Green Lake. Which was a lake that had this big tree right next to the lake. One of the branched went over the lake so teenagers climbed it all the time to jump in to the water. Jake loved doing stupid stuff like this all the time and would always talk me into joining him. I was terrified of heights.

"So on the count of three.....one.....two....three." Jake screamed then we jumped in at the same time never letting go of each others hands until we were in the lake and had to swim out.

"Phoenix that was fun lets do it again.....please?" He made a puppy dog face.

"No way. Im freezing and we have to go home." I got out and sat down next to the tree and our bikes. Jake came up right behind me and wrapped his arms around me so i could stop shakeing.

"Thanks." I mumbled

"No. Thank you for doing this Nix. You are truly the bestest friend in the world."

END OF FLASHBACK