Chapter 10

"We should probably go." Avery said, looking down at his watch.

I looked around at the almost empty restaurant. "Oh wow. I didn't think we had been here that long." I hope Cade doesn't get too mad. How bad is that? I'm worrying on a date with a guy about my other date with another guy.

He chuckled. "I guess that just means you were having a good time."

"I did have a good time." This was by far a lot more fun that I thought it would be. Avery is a really nice guy. If I had met him on the street, and didn't know he was part of a gang, I would think he was the best thing since sliced bread.

"I'm glad." He said, as the waiter handed him the check. He paid and got his receipt, and we got up to leave.

As we walked out the door the awkwardness set in. Neither of us knew what to do. Do we just say bye and leave? Do we hug or something?

"So...this was fun." I said.

"Fun enough that I might get a third date?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "Of course you do."

He chuckled. "There's a very big possibility that I will never get used to you saying yes to me."

"Get some confidence in yourself." I said, punching his shoulder playfully.

"I'll try. How do you feel about surprises?"

Uh oh. "Well...it depends on what it is." I answered.

"Like the next date we go on?"

"As long as you tell me how to dress so I don't look like an idiot, you can surprise me."

He smiled. "Awesome."

Cue awkwardness again. I don't have time for it. I want to see Cade! "Um I should probably go."

"Oh right." He said, swaying back and forth nervously. "So, I'll see you later."

I could tell he wanted more than a simple goodbye. He would occasionally lean forward a little more like he was about to reach out, but then go back to standing up straight. If I were smart, I would make a run for it. But I'm not smart.

I gave him a smile smile. "Are you going to kiss me or not?"

"I'm kind of thinking about it." He grinned.

"Well think fast because I have places to be."

He took a step closer. "Like where?"

This could possibly be one of the most fun pre-kiss conversations I've ever had, no matter how awkward it may seem.

"Um home. In bed. Sleeping." Lies!

"Sounds like you have an entertaining night planned." He smirked, taking another step putting us chest to chest. I have to admit the warmth coming off his body is very nice.

"I definitely do." I whispered as he leaned forward a little.

I don't know why I was anticipating this. I'm not supposed to want to kiss him. I don't even know if it's real wanting or me just acting. Either way my heart sped up as his lips touched mine. There wasn't much to the kiss. It was just a classic goodnight kiss, maybe it lasted a little longer than it should have, but not that big of a deal. I liked it. Of course it was nothing compared to Cade. There was no fire shooting through my body begging to continue. All it was to me was another kiss.

Avery on the other hand seemed to have a completely different opinion. He pulled away from me with a huge smile on his face. I returned it just so he wouldn't think I was disappointed with it. Because I wasn't. I knew it wouldn't make me all tingly on the inside. I already have someone that gives me that feeling.