Chapter 5

"There you go." Avery smiled, as he put a band-aid on my elbow.

I don't see how he's a bad guy. Right now he's being extremely sweet. This scrape wasn't anything bad, but he's treating it like I was dying.

"Thanks." I said, jumping off the hood of his car.

He looked down at me and then at his friends, who were getting pretty impatient. "Um, I have to go but is there anyway I could see you again?"

Mission accomplished. "Sure. Do you have a pen?"

He patted his pockets and then turned around. "Billy, you got a pen?"

Billy grabbed a pen out of his shirt pocket and threw to Avery. I took it, grabbed his hand, and wrote my number on his hand.

"Give me a call and we can meet up somewhere." I told him.

His smiled got wider. "I definitely will."

"Dude we really have to go now. You can get your flirt on some other day." Dylan grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him around the car. I stepped out of the way and waved as they drove away. As soon as they were gone my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Get home. Now." Liam told me and then he was gone.

I sighed. I knew he would take the whole Cade thing badly, but it's not a big deal. Really, after all the flirting we've done in the past, he should have known that it would amount to something, even it was just playing around.

Alex pulled the car up next to me and rolled the window down. "Girl you are in trouble."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"Just hop in the back with your lover." Sam smiled.

 I rolled my eyes and got in the back seat. Cade was smirking a little from Sam's comment, but he didn't look at me. I'm sure he was trying to get over the whole thing with Avery. Not that anything bad happened. He put a band-aid on my elbow and I wrote my number on his hand. Plus I have a feeling nothing will be happening with Cade in the near future. Liam is going to ban us from seeing each other unless it's strictly business.

"Am I in trouble?" Cade whispered.

I shrugged. "I guess we'll find out won't we?"

"If he yells at you, I'm sorry."

I waved him off. "Don't even worry about it. I mean what can he do?"

"Probably a lot." Cade said as he looked out the window.

I couldn't tell if he was scared. He didn't act scared earlier when he looked into the camera, but then again we had just started this whole thing. Now that we're going back home and he's going to have to face Liam, he might be a little scared.

The rest of the ride was silent. That's rare when Alex and Sam are in the car. They don't shut up easily. Maybe they were scared of what Liam will do too. I guess I'm the only one that isn't afraid to stand up to him. Or maybe I'm the only one that has guaranteed safety.

When we pulled up to the house Collin was waiting on the steps. We all got out of the car and he stood up. "Um, Liam wants us all to go for a while."

I knew he was talking to everyone but me. "For what?" I asked.

"He wants to talk to you alone."

"Why isn't James leaving then?"

"He's asleep."

I sighed and took the walk of shame while the others drove to who knows where. What's he going to say first? Will he tell me I did good and then get mad about Cade, or will he get mad first and then soften things up with telling me I did a good job? Maybe I didn't do good and he's just going to yell at me the whole time. I gave the guy my number and made him want to see me again though, so I think I did a great job.