Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen (Unedited)

--Kindly put your Playlist here--

"I fell in love with her when we were together, then fell deeper in love with her in the years we were apart."  - Nicholas Sparks, Dear John 

Xander's POV

"It's been a week, Xander. Swallow your pride and follow your heart. You won't be happy if you won't take my advice. Go to her before you regret your decision." My sister Stella visited me at home. 

"It's not that easy, Stella. She lied to me." 

"I'm sure she has her reasons. You two should talk and settle things instead of being miserable. You love each other."

I took a big gulp of my cold beer and leaned back at the pool chaise lounge.

"Mia's miserable right now." Stella continued.

"Really?" I chuckled. "She should be. After what she did to me."

Stella rolled her eyes and crossed her legs together. She was sitting on a chair beside me. "Tristan said she locks herself in her room. She's always crying and not eating. Tristan is so worried of her. She's slowly killing herself!"

"What?" That made me sat up.

Damn Mia. My concern for her overpowered my anger. I was alarmed that she was not taking care of herself.

"Go to her before something bad happens to her. Sometimes I think she's kind of... suicidal." 

"No. She's not." 

"How can you be sure? She's hurting so much and she's acting like there's no reason for her to live anymore."

Dammit! Curses fell from my mouth. 

"You have to gather yourself and control your emotions, Xander. Please... settle your personal problem."

"Okay, I will. I'll talk to Mia, as soon possible."

"Thanks God. You still love her, right?" Stella stood up and grabbed her bag, getting ready to go.

"Yeah. That's the problem. I can't stop loving her."

"So, what are you waiting for? Go to her!" 

****

It was evening when I arrived at San Bernardino, where Mia's family house was located. Mia's half brother, Kobe Latsis and his girlfriend, Sapphire Collins invited me in their house. 

"Mia's not her. Did you inform her that you're coming?" Kobe asked.

"No. I wanted to surprise her."

"Wow. That's so sweet." Sapphire giggled. "Too bad, she went out with a friend."

"A friend? Who?" I asked curiously. I thought she locked herself in her room. 

"The telenovela actor." Kobe said. 

My temper immediately flared. Fucking Shit!  I wasted my time coming here.

"But it's not a date." Sapphire said, looking at Kobe. "Right?"

"No. No. NO. It's not. Definitely not. It's just a friendly... umm... catching up."

Liars. These two made me look stupid.

"I'm going now." I said, moving out of the door. There was no point of staying anymore.